South Florida Owners from South Florida

Stopped by BSO officer!

Old 08-27-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stopped by BSO officer!

Good Morning - here is my story from Wednesday morning.

I was on my way to work, travelling east on Griffin between Flamingo and Palm, driving my Miata. It's not a subtle looking car and since I was at the front of a group of cars in the middle of three lanes, I was being conservative moving at about 50 mph in the 45 mph zone. For those that commute on Griffin in the morning, you will not be surprised that I was being passed by vehicles travelling at much higher rates of speed. As we approached Palm, a green Explorer passed me on the left followed by an Acura RSX. The Explorer then cut in front of me and hit the brakes ... hard. I moved to the right and saw a BSO vehicle ahead of me in the right hand lane, so I moved back to the center lane behind the Explorer. We were now travelling slightly less than 45 mph. The officer slowed, pulled behind me and turned on his lights. I pulled off the roadway into a gasoline station, waited a minute, exited my vehicle and waited by the driver's side of my car. The officer approached me, called me by name and asked for my paperwork which I produced. He went back to his car, and when he returned, asked if I knew why he stopped me. I said that I did not, and that apparently got him a little perturbed, because he then said that I certainly did know why he stopped me and that Griffin Road was not a racetrack. I was stunned and asked him to explain what law I had broken (thinking to myself, why did he not stop all of the SUVs and sedans going much faster than I was). He again stated that Griffin Road was not a racetrack and that he didn't have time to waste with me and that he'd let me go with a warning.

I thanked him and went to work. It was the first time I have been stopped in the Miata, and all I can think of is that my movement to the right and then left made him think I was speeding up behind the Explorer.

Thanks for letting me share - here's my car for those that don't know it (I wasn't wearing a helmet )

Old 08-27-2006, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh - and if you were younger he would have most likely given you a ticket. Appears just the looks of the car got you stopped.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh, you should've told the officer if he REALLY wanted to know about a racetrack, you'd take him & show him what it's all about.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:29 AM

geez.. glad you didn't get a ticket.

all those stickers make you go way faster!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:07 AM

ya you would have gotten a ticket for sure if you were 17
Old 08-27-2006, 03:06 PM

Stupid cop, no donut...
Old 08-27-2006, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=LHP_Sailor1P,Aug 27 2006, 09:47 AM] Josh - and if you were younger he would have most likely given you a ticket.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 AM
mav

I HATE BSO!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 AM

I hate the police, period.

Quick Reply: Stopped by BSO officer!