Default SOUTH FLORIDA LEXUS/SUPRA MEET 7/9/05

*Florida SUMMER Car Meet Supra/Lexus 7/9/05*
is300.net
clublexus.com
supraforums.com
+ tons of other FL forums/clubs

ALL CARS WELCOME

Ok Its all said and done:!!!!!!!!

WHO: IS300.net, ClubLexus, SupraForums,+ other FL clubs/forums.
What: Meet/show/shine/bbq/cruise/etc.
WHERE: (Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park) @ The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
WHEN: 7/9
TIME: 11am-5pm
WHY: We need to have a meet.

The Meet/BBQ/Show/Shine is on July 9th (Saturday) 2005
Time: 11am-5pm

Meet at:
(Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park)
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
4000 Morikami Park Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446
561-495-0233
www.morikami.org

INFO on the meet itself:
The meet will be at the grassy area/parking lot/ picnic area on the right hand side as soon as your enter, the meet is NOT at the museum, but in the area in front of it....(Lake Biwa Pavillion in Morikami Park) there are 80 spaces and a huge 5+ acre grassy lot!
they were kind enough to host/sponser us/help us all out. I will be thanking them personally! Everyone needs to show up and support!
More info will be posted here:

-Rain or shine event!

-JOSH

DIRECTIONS to the MUSEUM

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4000+Morikam...+FL+33446&hl=en

(I think there are 2 entrances, use the main one with the two pillars on each side) once you go through them, just make a right at the pinic area/pavallion.

-From the North on I-95:
I-95 south to Linton Blvd., Delray, travel west for 4 miles to Jog Rd. and turn south (left). Proceed approximately 3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the North on Florida's Turnpike:
Take the Turnpike south to Delray Beach exit (Atlantic Ave.) and head east approximately 2 miles to Jog Road. Turn south (right) onto Jog Road. Proceed approximately 1-3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the South on I-95:
Take I-95 north to Yamato Road in Boca Raton--exit onto westbound Yamato and travel 4 miles to Jog Road. Turn north (right) onto Jog Road and proceed approximately 3 miles to Main Museum entrance road, follow winding road to museum parking lot.

-From the South on Florida's Turnpike:
Take the Turnpike north to Delray Beach exit (Atlantic Ave.) and head east approximately 2 miles to Jog Road. Turn south (right) onto Jog Road. Proceed approximately 1-3/4 miles to Main Museum entrance road (just past traffic lights at Morikami Park Road), follow winding road to museum parking lot.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another car show at morikami park.......cant wait........had so much fun the last time

Old 05-07-2005, 12:28 PM

LOL, please delet this thread!
Old 05-08-2005, 04:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lexis307:

You're prolly not going to get the most welcome response from the SoFla group for another show at the Morikami. The last show a few of us attended, we found out only AFTER the awards that the 1st place winner was friends with the judges -- and was even a member of the same car club. The judges failed to disclose the relationship...until after the show and the cash prizes had been awarded. That's kinda like being a judge on American Idol...but failing to disclose that you're sleeping with one of the contestants.

In any event, just wanted to give you a heads up as to where some of us are coming from. I'm sure your intentions are good.

Best of luck with the show.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=bigpurp,May 8 2005, 04:06 AM]lexis307:

You're prolly not going to get the most welcome response from the SoFla group for another show at the Morikami. The last show a few of us attended, we found out only AFTER the awards that the 1st place winner was friends with the judges -- and was even a member of the same car club.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 AM

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS PLEASE. IT GETS ANNOYING!
Look, we still are un easy about what happened last time at that park. Because of this we don't really get along with some of the Orlando members of this forum; and they will shurley be going. Like bigpurp said, we are shure you have good intentions but we just want to avoid any unnessesary drama.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by lexis307,May 9 2005, 08:06 PM
THE SHOW IS ONLY SPONSERED BY THE MUSEUM, THEY ARE NOT JUDING OR HAVE ANY AFFILATION WITH THE ACTIVITES, THEY ARE ONLY PROVIDING THE FIELD AND PICNIC AREA FOR US, CLUBLEXUS, SUPRAFORUMS, MYSELF, AND IS300.NET ARE IN CHARGE...NOT THE MUSUEM...(THEY HAVE RULING POWER, OVERSEEING POWER, BUT IM IN CHARGE OF THIS EVENT)
I am sure that Morikami park and its sponsors (of the last event) were unaware of the deception, however one of the museums employees was most likely involved (considering the fact that her boyfriend was one of the judges, and in the same car club as the first place winner). She set up the event, including the cash prizes that Morikami provided. Several of us considered making Morkami aware of this situation at the time, but decided against it (it just wasnt worth the effort). However I think it would have been justified and funny to send over a few pictures from the car club website of a certain someone in a bikini, standing in front of a few cars from the judges and winners car club.....

Old 05-10-2005, 08:40 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on guys, give that poor Lexus guy a break...

Whatever BS happened, its in the past. This is a new event, hosted by new people and respected clubs (IS and Supra). If you're not going to go, then don't go but theres no need for the negative tone here.

I don't think we, as a group, want other car clubs in South FL to think we're a bunch of pompous, arrogant assholes.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 AM

^ Mav does have a point.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:19 AM

sorry mav....but the point i was trying to make is, its not so much the clubs throwing the event as it is the location. if morikami has any authority over the contest at all, I doubt it will be anymore fair then the last one. i have no problem with the lexus or supra clubs, in fact i wish i had a supra!!!!!! lol..... in the future maybe at another location this would be a fair and fun event......just my .02

Quick Reply: SOUTH FLORIDA LEXUS/SUPRA MEET 7/9/05