South Florida Owners from South Florida

Somethings missing....

Old 02-08-2005, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Somethings missing....

If I could make a career out of helping people buy cars, I would have. Call it what you will, I enjoy it profusely. Something about finding out everything a person wants in a car, and then selecting for them the perfect vehicle. Friends and family know this, and usually will come to me for opinions or help.

So i wassent surprised when a co-worker came to me with his dilemma. Little did i know, that even with my extensive internet searching capabilities... that even i would have a hard time.

His task was specific. Find me a NEW Marauder.(The infamous Mercury now roaming the streets as FHP) Simple enough, or so it would seem.

Turns out, Mercury has nearly dumped any trace of that car existing. Maroone hasent seen one on there lots in quite a bit of time. And even the used market is slim... Cars direct, Auto trader...(Add cricket noise i do so well ::Cricket cricket:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS CAR!?!?!

Did they just destroy them, or where they all just bought ( and possibly some donated).

I Mean, the car Isn't that old?!?!?! it was a 2003 -2004 model.

I think we should talk to the milk carton companies. And for one week, instead of missing children, get a run of the missing marauder. Even though i doubt very few people miss it.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:09 AM

Maybe stan has it
Old 02-08-2005, 10:30 AM

Dude, LoL, Could you a found a more random thread to go throw that in...

Perhaps next time in a forsale thread....

Your randomness Knows no bounds....
Old 02-08-2005, 10:58 AM

They stopped making them Ricky... Poor sales...
Old 02-08-2005, 11:21 AM

No, I knew they stopped making them. That was a given. But where the hell did they all go. Poor sales doesnt mean they dissapear... I can hardly find a handfull....
Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 AM

...They stopped making Fiero's too, but those damn things are all over the place.
You'd think they would have all burned up by now!!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:28 AM

Here's a few on ebay:
http://motors.search-desc.ebay.com/maraude...gZ1QQsofocusZbs

here's another 88 from KBB.com:
http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/fs_search_re...kbb&aff=carskbb

Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM

ON the way to school today I saw a black one in my community (older woman driving) and then at the light of 127th and kendall drive I saw a silver one......so I'm just kinda looking at it and trying to notice the differences between it and a grand marquis and the guy floors it when the light turns green I was like "whoa buddy".......Now on kendall we stop at a red light with nothing but open space in front of us....green....I just roll out but keep the gas going, all of sudden he floors it again......its on buddy, now full throttle I'm right next to him, I figure torque is the culprit.....then with a smile I hit 6 grand and pull instantly one car......shift quick to second and I'm now 2 cars ahead and pulling.......I decide to let off we were coming up to another red light but with cars in front of us......looked over at him he gave me a heads up nod and thumbs up......It was fun.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:21 PM

I saw two within a mile of each other. One (silver) had pulled someone over eastbound on 836 and the Palmetto, and the other (maroon) has pulled someone over at 8th Streeth and the Palmetto southbound.

I repect the jobs that cops do (my brother is training to be one), but I don't think they should be sneaky in catching people on the road. They're supposed to serve the public. Too many times I see cops sitting in the middle turn lanes without their lights on waiting for someone to speed by. I wonder how long it'll take before someone slams into one of them...

Besides, they could be doing someone useful like looking for my seats.

-.-

arc.