South Florida Owners from South Florida

So it happend

Old 04-17-2008, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn dude. sorry for your loss
Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 AM

Damn that sucks. If i hear anything ill let you know.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's horrible man. The crazy thing is i had a dream last night that someone stole my seats...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Sorry to hear that !!! Good Luck with everything...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

everyone in here KNOWS this is an issue and yet nobody bothers to put alarms on their cars . I have had several mornings that my car has hand prints on the drivers window from theives looking into mine , seeing it has an alarm and leaving it alne . GET AN ALARM and put an end to this
Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PapiChulo,Apr 16 2008, 06:55 PM
I came home last night around 12am and passed the s2k - fine

Walk out around 6:40am to go work notice the door a little open just slightly- think WTF

go to shut it .....

Both seats gone and the top slashed.....
count on the car being totalled if the insurance company gives the real value on the seats and doesnt lowball ya the seats and top usually run about 10k or more . Did 2 at my dealership and it was 11473 each
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000,Apr 17 2008, 01:51 PM
everyone in here KNOWS this is an issue and yet nobody bothers to put alarms on their cars . I have had several mornings that my car has hand prints on the drivers window from theives looking into mine , seeing it has an alarm and leaving it alne . GET AN ALARM and put an end to this
Well he did say he has(had) an alarm installed but because his gf lost the keys last week and they were waiting for the unit to come in.. the alarm was disarmed.....

Unfortunately with as many seat thefts there is going around whoever posts about their seat theft not only has got to be PO'd that they don't have seats anymore and their car has been raped.. but then they got to come here and deal with the..

Where did it happen? Did you have an alarm.. if not WHY? Did you have seat locks.. if not WHY?

Unfortunately... this guy is going on his 3rd time and it just happened to be when his car was down.... theives pounced. I doubt he wants/needs a lecture.

Good luck with the insurance process.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM

I had an alarm - it was dearmed BY the honda dealership while the new control fob came in because we only had one- and they had to recut a key for the car so we could at least drive it- the alarm LED was still active though because it ALWAYS stays on - so you dont notice a difference if its armed or dearmed. the alarm in there was a fully loaded and programmed compustar unit. which was a PITA cause it would go off for EVERYTHING even if you tried to open the door from the inside while armed it would go nuts. so the alarm was there just down until the new fob came.

My car has been parked in the same spot for 4 months and nothing happend prior - the only ppl who KNOW the alarm is deactivated are the dealership ppl who worked on the file and myself and my gf - makes you think.

It happend in Davie by Nova SE.- which is kind of an unlikely place to have this happen too. - again makes you wonder about the dealership

Im not deterred to get another S2k- but Ive had the PLEASURE of owning two thus far and have really enjoyed them- I am considering a significant upgrade though because i recently sold my Audi S4 to my brother and if i stay on track at work - ill get a company car and gas card in 6months- So it leaves room to get a toy or something not so reasonable like an atom.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Sorry to gear about this Bro. i hope all turns out well.

I do have a Ques though. The dealer you went to was it Rick case by any chance. cause if so then some1 there had some thing to due with it. i would bet on it. my GF cousin works there & boy have i heard some stories.

Well if there is anything i can do let me Know
Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by PapiChulo,Apr 17 2008, 01:20 PM
Im not deterred to get another S2k- but Ive had the PLEASURE of owning two thus far and have really enjoyed them.
You know you can't resist another S. The S is like that psycho girl we've all dated.. Great to ride, just an emotional nightmare when you are away!

Goodluck with everything! If they don't total you out, boost that bitch with the money you get even if you have to sit on milk crates...

Quick Reply: So it happend