South Florida Owners from South Florida

my car was stolen in hollywood :(

Old 05-07-2007, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel... just woke up with mines raped
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 AM

If the alarm is properly installed and set, it will only go off if someone is messing with the car. Once upon a time I was an installer. My car never falses.

I do have friends that own car audio shops and install Cliffords.

If there is a group interested, I'll see if I can get you all a deal.

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM

I had my first S2000 stolen a little over a year ago. The car had the clifford pager alarm and still nothing. I wasn't even that far from the vehicle, range wise, but a lot of times it's hard to get a signal depending on where you are. I still recommend installing an alarm though, just pray for the best. You just have to try and find multiple security features that you can install, and those should give you the ease of mind ; )
Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=d.h,May 5 2007, 06:48 PM]Actually, there is a way to get it, since I came across the method while getting a copy of key.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by X4DLuvOfSpeedX,May 7 2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, there are a couple of ridiculously simple ways. There's an article about it online (great ) that talks about it. I won't mention it here either, but I'll say this much: COVER THE VIN ON YOUR DASH.
interesting, will do
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Sucks man. i wish there was a way to track thiefs down. foid them kick there ass and take our shit back
Old 05-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,May 7 2007, 10:36 AM
If the alarm is properly installed and set, it will only go off if someone is messing with the car. Once upon a time I was an installer. My car never falses.

I do have friends that own car audio shops and install Cliffords.

If there is a group interested, I'll see if I can get you all a deal.

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do

While an alarm will scare off some amateurs, anyone that knows what they're doing won't be stopped by it...I've had cars broken into that were equipped with high end alarm systems...I had a Saleen Mustang that was broken into three
times...I think the only reason they didn't steal the whole car was it had a hidden battery cut off switch...

A while back there was a car thief that told some of the stuff they did to steal cars...One I remember in particular, there was a Vette he wanted to steal that was equipped with a sophisticated alarm system...

The way he defeated it...

He went to the guys home in the middle of the night, shook the car and the alarm would go off...He did this at different times for a few nights in a row...The owner thinking the alarm was screwed up, finally shut it off...That was the night he took the car...
Old 05-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by X4DLuvOfSpeedX,May 7 2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, there are a couple of ridiculously simple ways. There's an article about it online (great ) that talks about it. I won't mention it here either, but I'll say this much: COVER THE VIN ON YOUR DASH.
why would covering the vin number protect me?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 PM

i guess no one has come to the conclusion that no matter what you do seat locks car alarms etc.....if they want it bad enough they will go through an extreme to take what they want. bottom line.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by PrOsPeCt S,May 8 2007, 02:29 AM
i guess no one has come to the conclusion that no matter what you do seat locks car alarms etc.....if they want it bad enough they will go through an extreme to take what they want. bottom line.
if its a pro, you are correct. if it turns out that this thread shows most of the cars hit, didn't have those things. then maybe adding them would stop the ricers

Quick Reply: my car was stolen in hollywood :(