South Florida Owners from South Florida

Miami Scenic Back Roads Group Drive - Sunday 02.29.2004

Old 02-25-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikhemi Ive seen some post of some owners getting warranty voided due to them talking about racing and taking there car to the track.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:19 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well just a note about privacy... S2Ki.com's sole purpose in using the VIN # input is to establish you, the user, as an actual S2000 owner. VIN #'s are not passed back to Honda nor anyone else, unless there is a forced court mandate, which has not happened and the chances of it happening in the future are slim to none. Those owners' who had their warranties voided or had problems with Honda from the use of the website usually comes in the form of this...

Dan (Dumb Ass Nincompoop) over revs and blows up his engine while street racing an M3 (he lost).

Dan then comes online and posts his street encounter about how he killed an M3 but over reved and his engine blew. Oh NO! What should I do? I know, I'll take it to Honda but remove all my mods first. Those dumb fockers will never know.

Dan then spends all night removing his Invidia Exhaust, PRM Intake, Pink/Purple windscreen, his chrome wheels and cut springs. Dan takes it to his local Honda dealer. They naturally scream over rev and deny the claim. Dan bitches.

Then someone from Honda or the dealer does some investigating on s2ki.com. They find Dan's thread on how he over reved his car and blew up his engine. Prints it out and uses it against Dan. Dan is screwed with a $10K repair bill. for him but for the rest of us.

Lesson - You're be fine as long as you think before you post some story about how you screwed up your car and want Honda to warranty it. Big Brother Honda is watching.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 AM

Man that still FOCKED UP! Why would Honda come to S2Ki for info? I mean, how do they know who is who? They cannot get the Vin#'s can they? If they can the hell with this Ill do what RK says!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 AM

Brute, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone from Honda is going to spend their time searching through thousands of threads for something like that. Plus, there's almost no way they can ever connect a screen name to you (unless you (or anyone else) sign your posts w/ your full name).
Old 02-25-2004, 10:31 AM

OH thats what I though but I guess I didnt understan MAV post to well
Old 02-25-2004, 10:48 AM

There was another situation I read about that the owner of an s let his friend use his car one night with him and he downshifted and blew the engine.. He posted everything and had his vin number in his profile. He came back 1 month later stating honda printed out his info and there were able to match his info with the info on the s2ki website. Especially if he post that and on his profile they have his vin #. I like racing and going to moroso but i wont let honda use this on me. But seriously, why would someone post that info.. Mabey after all is said and done, but not when it just happened. So just be careful what you post, it can come back to you. And regarding this sunday, what does it usually consist of. Just pictures and the drive?? Thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 AM

And also you never know if someone from honda has membership to this website and finds out your info by asking you your year, color and vin. Technically they just need the last four numbers. Is that correct.. Would they be able to link your s with the last four numbers, thats what only matters since thats the production number of your car...
Old 02-25-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rikhemi,

If you don't wish to put your VIN in then don't, but please do not derail this thread any longer.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:26 AM
mav

s2ki.com DOES NOT give not inputted VIN #'s from its database to anyone, unless its a court mandate, meaning Honda would have to go to court, get a subpoena, in order to get this info.

In your friend's case... lending his car to a friend, mistake #1. Blew the engine, mistake #2. Then posted all about it, huge mistake #3. Honda did not get his VIN from the database nor did s2ki.com freely give it out. Most likely your friend had...

- pictures of his car in the photo gallery, maybe some with his license plate exposed
- his city/state location in his profile
- his year/color info in his profile
- perhaps his real name in his signature
- perhaps the last 4 of his VIN in his signature

With a combination of all this, Honda or any internet savvy person can figure it out. Many times its also dealer employees or other S2000 owners' who rat on the person.

You have nothing to fear if you don't plan on street racing and damaging your S in the process, THEN COME HERE AND POSTING ABOUT IT.

But of course if you don't want to put your VIN, its your choice... No one is making you do anything. This is just an explanation about how and what the VIN is used for.

Lets put this thread back on topic... if you have any further questions, PM me or I'll be happy to discuss this with you in person on Sunday. Laters.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:26 AM

Im not trying to derail the tread.. if you would have read the last sentence in my thread explaining, i did advise of the meet and what it is going to consist of.. I just wanted to inform why i wasnt putting my vid. I wont mention it anymore..

Quick Reply: Miami Scenic Back Roads Group Drive - Sunday 02.29.2004