South Florida Owners from South Florida

LoJack...

Old 01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
z4k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazylarry85,Jan 21 2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Dariel....

The reality of it is that yourbike is probably already torn apart : (
After hearing your story withlowjack I feel like crap because when I bought my bike like 2 1/2 years ago, freaking sales guy convinced me to put it on my bike.......I feel like I have lowjack on mine for nothing

Good luck homie
Not entirely true. My buddy's bike was recovered 4 months after it was stolen in one piece in a warehouse with several others. The kid got followed by the owner of a bike he tried to steal.

He was already paid by his insurance tho.

I got a friend that has Lo Jack in 2 cars both equipped with Early Warning. He gets a call within 10 minutes that his cars are gone if the Key Fob is not with the car. A phone call to him is made and the option to dispatch an officer is available.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure that next time Im getting something more effective to track it down and a .45.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned

Actually, if you tell the cops you have illegal mods in it or the thief was speeding, they will devout an outrageous amount of man power to write out that citation!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoJack is pretty much worthless.

One of my friends, who is a MetroDade cop, told me once that they typically ignore LoJack alerts unless they had absolutely nothing to do and were bored out of their minds.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by mav,Jan 21 2008, 05:15 PM

One of my friends, who is a MetroDade cop, told me once that they typically ignore LoJack alerts unless they had absolutely nothing to do and were bored out of their minds.
Great use of our tax dollars . Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear that.
I bought my bike with lojack aich I guess is a waist of money ($750.oo) so I decided to get full cover insurance wich when I got the quote I was shocked how cheap it was "$43.oo a month for 6 months" with state farm I guess every motorcycle owner should consider that since bikes are becoming so common for theives, is like when they use to still civic 7 years ago.

If I was you , take the next step and contact the man that will help you "Help me Howard" it works.

g/l with the bike
Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by mav,Jan 21 2008, 09:15 PM

Interestig to know. Anyone knows a cop with access to LoJack that can help me? I have no insurance so all I got left is to pray.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that is true, Cops get paid to drive our tax payers cars, waste our gas (you never see a cop car parked that is not turned off,) and to talk on their phones!

How do they fund their jobs? By writing traffic tickets and arresting speeders!

I think it is a Win/Lose situation with LojackI have freinds that get thier bikes or cars back and some that don't.

LOL i guess that is up to the cops!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 AM

One of my close friends purchased his bike new from a dealer and didnt know the bike he purchased came with lo jack already installed, untill he got a letter in the mail giving him his lo jack membership number... But he didnt know if it was a mistake because he never discuss anything about adding lojack to the bike when he purchased it...so what he did was he called the number on the back of the card and spoke to a lady and said his bike was stolen...within 5 mins the lady tells him, sir your bike is located on so and so street..."Sir, its located in your residence" Once my friend realized it was a for sure thing he did have lojack he just told the lady his uncle took it for a spin and hes just comming back... So what iam trying to say is that he got detail information on where the bike was located without having to get police involved...who knows, maybe the person who spoke to you from lojack didnt know what they were doing...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 AM

If your friend told you that, he lied to you.

LoJack does not tell you anything about the bike, they can't track it, less give you information where the vehicle is (To many people dead by now if it was like that). Before the LoJack is activated there has to be a police report and only the police can activate it. Thanks for the story but I already know enough of how LoJack and the Police really work.

Quick Reply: LoJack...