South Florida Owners from South Florida

Laptop takes a shit

Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VeilSide AP1,Apr 10 2007, 11:18 AM
Yea we are replacing it, its his work laptop so we are doing that now. We need to turn it on to get w/e we need from it out of the system, know what i mean.

And yea i already pulled the battery out and tried restarting it a couple of times but it wont budge it gets stuck upon start-up and wont move from there.
If data retrieval is your only problem, tell him to rest easy. Unless the hard drive took a crap, it is not a problem at all. If the hard drive did die the machine would sitll turn on, just not get very far. So that is not the problem here. Let me know if I can help.

As far as replacing it, I'm a dell authorized reseller so I'd be glad to help you make sure you get a good deal.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsmply,Apr 10 2007, 10:00 AM
If data retrieval is your only problem, tell him to rest easy. Unless the hard drive took a crap, it is not a problem at all. If the hard drive did die the machine would sitll turn on, just not get very far. So that is not the problem here. Let me know if I can help.

As far as replacing it, I'm a dell authorized reseller so I'd be glad to help you make sure you get a good deal.
Yea getting data out is the mission here.

As for getting a new one, we already did. Im hooking it up and installing stuff onto it, but thanks again J
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RENDERMAN,Apr 10 2007, 09:35 AM
yeah, except logging on to the enternet. It's a jungle out there........What the hell is Safari any ways? That's not even a browser!!

PS. I heard Honda owns Mac, they keep making the same stupid mistakes.......Honda= We're going to give or customers an S called the CR that no one wants.....Mac= We're going to make a computer that never brakes.......but it's not compatible with anything we use........Thank you buy owner, thanks again!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Ya data retrieval is not a big deal, worse case scenario if the machine has some kind of failure the hard drive can be removed.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsmply,Apr 10 2007, 11:09 AM
I do technology consulting and servicing . . . but honestly if any major hardware failed on the laptop (being that its 5 years old) it might be cheaper to replace the thing entirely than it would be to replace the components.

However, there is a couple of things you can troubleshoot at home first before I would take it to get looked at. I'm not sure how technologically inclined you are so you may have done it already, but play with the power, battery, etc . . . make sure its not something stupid first.

Feel free to e-mail me and I'll see if I can help further as my PM box is currently having issues, shawn@ILGTG.com
with Shawn ...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
d.h

What brand is the old laptop?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM

I have a USB connector for all hard drives - bring it to me and I'll help you out.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Yeah, Watch Slickdeals.net for early warning on deals from Dell...
Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RENDERMAN,Apr 10 2007, 01:35 PM
yeah, except logging on to the enternet. It's a jungle out there........What the hell is Safari any ways? That's not even a browser!!

PS. I heard Honda owns Mac, they keep making the same stupid mistakes.......Honda= We're going to give or customers an S called the CR that no one wants.....Mac= We're going to make a computer that never brakes.......but it's not compatible with anything we use........Thank you buy owner, thanks again!!
Mac are no longer the most reliable. Sad but true. Symantec released a report earlier this year with lots of proof that Linux and the new Vista (I was like , NO WAYYY!!!) a little more reliable now.

Quick Reply: Laptop takes a shit