South Florida Owners from South Florida

Just my Luck!

Old 04-04-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am finally able to drive my car... after a almost 2 weeks. I'm on my way to work, when I hear ((((SMACK))), a rock hit me. I couldn't see anything.. so i figured I guess nothing happened. Well I notice on my car Saturday that the rock chipped the very top of my windshield just above my 'rear view' mirror, but almost touching the modling. I was like Ok i hope it doesn't get worse. WELL I WAS WRONG! I just noticed it went down passed the rear view mirror then made a left towards the passenger side. I am SOOO PISSED!

So I start by calling Safelite to see how much it would run. I had to weigh my options if paying out of pocket or going through State Farm. The guy was really nice and actually told me that "STATE OF FLORIDA has a law that if a motorist is insured and their windshield needs to be replaced, it will be done at no cost to the motorist." Of course that's the best news. I don't have to pay anything out of pocket. Next best thing.. they are coming to me to change the windshield.

I have a couple pictures of the crack, if anyone wants to see/host let me know i'll e-mail 'em to you!

Just thought I'd share the good news about this law incase it happens to anyone else!

-Cin
Old 04-04-2004, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Cindy. Rocks and I seem to be getting along real well recently. Nothing on the windshield but all over the front bumper area.

Good to hear about your insurance taking care of it. Also make sure they don't raise your premium. Fl. law also says, I believe, that windshields are replaced free with no increase in premiums.

Hopefully, better luck is just around the corner.

Deiger
Old 04-04-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the windshield, but that's good info. Hope it gets fixed quickly.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:23 AM
mav

Theres nothing compared to what happened to my S yesterday...

My Amuse front lip went to shit, it was bad before yesterday, now its really really bad especially on the passenger side. I have massive rock damage to my front bumper, mainly the passenger side area. Both fenders have nice sized dings on them, where the bare metal is exposed. Passenger side headlight has a chip in it, hopefull it won't crack or else I'll need a new headlight housing. And my windshield has a chip on it as well and it looks like its starting to crack.

I don't know but I'm debating whether or not to claim it all on my insurance, especially if my headlight ends up cracking and have the entire front repainted.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:47 AM

Comprehensive covers this. Massachussetts was the same way...once a year you were allowed a free windshield. And trust me, most people had to use it form year to year, including me.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
Theres nothing compared to what happened to my S yesterday...
Old 04-05-2004, 08:19 AM

I got a quote for replacing an s2k windshield when I was looking to fix up a wrecked S before buying mine...they price was gonna wind up being $195, and they would come to your house.

If you get any info on how to claim the cracked windshield with the state of florida please post it- cause I'm trying to figure it out for fixing my Mom's focus.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:44 AM
mav

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonic_S2k_04
Old 04-05-2004, 01:39 PM

I just had my windshield replaced two weeeks ago on my other car. I have State Farm, I called them and they gave me a list of glass places that they other customers had given good feedback about. I called and made an appointment they showed up a the house the following day and replaced the windshied and asked that the car not be driven for at least 4 hours and that it didn't get washed for at least 24 hours. Just igned a couple of pappers and they billed State Farm directly. My windshield just had a very small chip, but if it is anywhere in the drivers field of vision they will replace the windshield rather than try to fill it.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got the windshield replaced today. Very good experience. I went with Safelite. They were actually the first people I called yesterday. I actually didn't even call State Farm. They called them for me and conferenced me in and Ok'd it all. So I made an appointment and they came to my job. They guy who did my windshield was awesome in little over an hour it was done. I took some pics. It hurt standing there! HA! Just glad i got a new windshield.. and that I didn't have to drive home with a bunch of tape all over it! YEAY!