South Florida Owners from South Florida

Just got my seats stolen

Old 04-03-2008 | 09:00 AM

Call your Insurance Co. set up a claim, your premium will not go up because its a Comp. claim you r good

MIKI
Old 04-03-2008 | 09:22 AM

Sorry to hear that. Check craigslist. I saw somebody selling black seats on Craigslist asap. Maybe it's yours??!!??
Old 04-03-2008 | 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Apr 3 2008, 03:02 AM
sorry to hear about our car

there is no need for a sub forum. This problem can be managed by making your first mod an alarm for your car and seat locks.
then there will be no theft.
Alarms & seat locks dont solve any problem; If they want it they'll steal it and if they cant they take the whole car. If you dont have a garage ur out of luck.
Old 04-03-2008 | 01:06 PM

Wow man sorry to hear, Steven made a thread on FSS yesterday about this.

<---the guy who sold you the invidia.
Old 04-03-2008 | 05:12 PM

where in hialeah was it so i dont park my s2 there. sorry to hear that. take it to rick case they do a great job and replace soft tops
Old 04-03-2008 | 06:23 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by VtecSpool,Apr 3 2008, 04:06 PM
Wow man sorry to hear, Steven made a thread on FSS yesterday about this.

<---the guy who sold you the invidia.
YOU ARE WRONG. CHECK THE FACTS, THE VAST MAGORITY OF THEFTS HAVE HAPPENED TO CARs WITHOUT AN ALARM OR SEAT LOCKS.

I've been following this for years. If you own this car, and you don't have seat locks and an alarm you will be a statistic.

at this point everyone on this site should be aware of the problem and take appropriate measures.

A garage is ideal, but not everyone has that luxury.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but at this point with the documented problems with theft on this car, if you don't take the time and money to install an alarm, it's your own fault.

Old 04-03-2008 | 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Apr 3 2008, 06:23 PM
YOU ARE WRONG. CHECK THE FACTS, THE VAST MAGORITY OF THEFTS HAVE HAPPENED TO CARs WITHOUT AN ALARM OR SEAT LOCKS.

I've been following this for years. If you own this car, and you don't have seat locks and an alarm you will be a statistic.

at this point everyone on this site should be aware of the problem and take appropriate measures.

A garage is ideal, but not everyone has that luxury.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but at this point with the documented problems with theft on this car, if you don't take the time and money to install an alarm, it's your own fault.
Sorry to hear about you luck. Hope all works out.

Guys S2KSuzuka is exactly right! No alarm, seat locks, or garage = Statistic. I sent a message out to the Moderators about setting up a Sub Forum where we can document and provide constructive help to the victims and police departments. I haven't heard anything back yet. I think everybody needs to voice whether they think it is important for our community or not.

As Craig pointed out earlier in this thread there is a set on Craigslist. I am of the belief that we are the best theft prevention, investigators, and support for the victims.
It wasn't but a couple of weeks ago when in the Florida forum there were 2 individuals who were seat theft victims and both of their seats showed up on Ebay. As far as I know the Police didn't do much with the info.

I say start a sub forum where we can

-List a FAQ/FYI on best ways to prevent this, and what to do if you become a victim
-List all info that we as a community find that could help the victims in finding these thieves.
-Keep a list of all the vehicles that have been hit dates/times/locations
-Post info and pics on all thieves that have been caught breaking into our cars
-List suspicious people, cars, and situations

I'm no detective but I think something like a neighborhood crime watch would work.

If you think the Police are gonna investigate and find these guys you're crazy. On the Police departments behalf they don't have the time or info that we have as a community to find these idiots. They also might not be talking to all the other departments that have info. If we bring information to their attention they have to look into it.

If you are with me on this I say we ask Mocky or Enthralled to get a Sub Forum up.
Old 04-04-2008 | 06:34 AM

Damn that sucks i heard about it on fss. Hopefully u get ur shit back.
Old 04-04-2008 | 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by MIKI2007,Apr 3 2008, 09:00 AM
Call your Insurance Co. set up a claim, your premium will not go up because its a Comp. claim you r good

MIKI
thats what i did when this shit happened to me, if u are clever u could have "stole" some other parts on your car i.e. cluster, headlights, etc then called your insurance so u could have a bigger claim which would net u more $$$$$ hahaha. i thought about this after i made the police report. when i got my car back together i went and got an alarm installed with proximity sensor
Old 04-04-2008 | 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by vollrathian,Apr 4 2008, 11:19 AM
thats what i did when this shit happened to me, if u are clever u could have "stole" some other parts on your car i.e. cluster, headlights, etc then called your insurance so u could have a bigger claim which would net u more $$$$$ hahaha. i thought about this after i made the police report. when i got my car back together i went and got an alarm installed with proximity sensor
I just said to report the claim NOT add extra parts, I dont think its a good idea to report False claims remember "you abused, you loose It" that WHY FL its so F**cked up with insurance premiums all this false CLAIMS like PIP and Theft claim this is serious shit

MIKI

Quick Reply: Just got my seats stolen