South Florida Owners from South Florida

I need help from Locals please

Old 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help from Locals please

Hi all.

I'm Max and I'm from Maryland.
I've owned 3 s2ks, and I have owned other numerous sport cars and have been member of multiple forums. I'm usually quiet at s2ki as I mostly read a lot of info.
Enough about me

My friends and I are planning a trip to Miami on Aug 1st to 4th.
We are doing our best to stay on south beach without breaking a bank. I was wondering if locals have some tips/ deals on hotels/restaurant and other entertainment.
It is my first time going and I don't get to go much places at all.
It's 6 of us and we been checking out few websites on hotels on south beach. Any recommendation or deal or tips? Please help
I appreciate your time and you help in advance.

Thank you.

-Max
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is 6 of you I would honestly rec renting a house or apartment, check vrbo.com homeaway.com or other sites like that. I travel for work and find apartments/houses in certain cities to be cheaper than hotels.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:15 AM

You can look into the smaller boutique style hotels but you will get what you pay for with horrible beds and tiny rooms. I have tried that a few times but can never say I had a good experience like I would when I would stay at the higher priced places. This was many years ago and I kinda avoid that area now lol.

You can save more on not just where you stay but where you go to eat. Look for the local hole in the wall spots and avoid eating at the tourist type places that for most part charge you more and don't give you quality. One of my budget moves was going to Monty's raw bar over Joe's stone crab.

Oh and watch out for the cab drivers running the meter on you. Them dudes try to play you by keeping the meter running from the last ride. Can't tell you how many times a driver tried to charge me and my boys 20 bucks for a 6 buck ride.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM

If any of the people approach you around town or on the beach as a "club promoter" offering a VIP club entrance for $20 or $30, you wont usually end up with the VIP entrance they are just people who know the people at the gates which probably means regular line, nothing special. BUT, usually you can get an hour of all you can drink session in first and a limo ride to the club (if its still considered a limo ride if its under a mile) and you can definitely get your moneys worth in free drinks.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM

I see I see..thanks for the tip.
I'm looking into few condos...

I'll be booking this weekend.
Any more local favorites ? Bar, restaurant or others?? Thanks again for your kind words guys..

-Max