South Florida Owners from South Florida

i know our county needs revenue but seriously

Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default i know our county needs revenue but seriously

lemme start of by saying, i am no driving saint. i have earned my fair share of tickets. but today was one of the biggest crocks of shit yet. its 3ish pm, i am heading home from work early. its a nice sunny afternoon and i have the top down. i come up to the school zone east of nob hill on commercial heading east. slow down at the school zone to 15 and switch from the center lane to the right lane becuase a white van thought 15mph school zone means 5mph.

i am cruising thru the zone at 15 in third gear. in front of the white van is a grey truck and we are both heading towards teh end of the zone near mcdonalds. hit the end speed up to 40ish. get to pine island, turn left and bam, cop lights me up.

i pull over thinking WTF. he says, i saw you speeding thru that zone. now, i have a V1 in the car, and saw zero radar, not too mention, I WASNT SPEEDING. i say u sure you got teh right car? i know 100% i wasnt speeding. he says i watched u pass a car in the school zone. i inform him the other car was going slower then 15mph. he then says, i saw you pass that car. i ask, where were you when this happened? he was going westbound while i was going east. i then ask did u get me on radar and how fast do you think i was going? he says he believed i was doing 30 in a 15 and that he got radar on me. i ask again, you sure you got radar and jesture towards my V1 and he says, uh yeah, i got radar and you passed that car in teh shcool zone.

he walks away, comes back and gives me a driving beyiond the conditions of the road, and sites school zone. he put nothing about how fast i was going, nothing about the radar he didnt get on me. and when he handed me the ticket i even said again, you really sure you got me on radar and know how fast i was going?

he said you can always go to court and i said, well, guess we'll see each other there since i have too for this.

what a bunch of total crap. becuase i looked like i was going fast i was pulled over for an expensive ticket. is it really that bad in the county budget that they are resorting to makung shit up hoping people will just pay for it?

bottom line, i am so going to court and pleading not guilty. i refuse to except this kind of crap. liek i said, i am no driving saint, but i'll be damned if this load of shit is gonna stick to me.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing he wrote you a ticket for violating 316.185.

I know you don't want to do this but I would pay Ticket Clinic and have them get it thrown out.

The reason being, and they will argue, is that if you truly were speeding in a school zone then 316.185 doesn't apply to the fine he assessed.

Or, if you are hell bent on fighting it then use this as your defense.

You say this:

(1) You stated I was speeding in a school zone; Is that correct? How fast exactly was I going?

(2) How do you remember this since you did not note my speed on the ticket?

(3) So since I was speeding why didn't you issue me a ticket under Florida Statute 316.1895(10) which clearly states, "A person may not drive a vehicle on a roadway designated as a school zone at a speed greater than that posted in the school zone in accordance with this section. Violation of the speed limits established pursuant to this section must be cited as a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318."

From here you can try a motion to dismiss.

(4) Well you cited me for Driving Too Fast for conditions so was it raining? Was I crossing an intersection? Was I going around a curve? Was I approaching a Hill Crest? Was I on a narrow or winding highway?

After he answers no you hit him with this.

So since there was no one crossing the street, which would have caused me to come to a stop for them, then clearly I was not driving too fast for conditions. Wouldn't you agree?

Then let him answer and rest your case.

Best you can do.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats stupid, best of luck with court...he probably wont even show up
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 AM

normally, i would just contact barry kaufman and be done with it for 80 bucks. but, and i confirmed this with the law office, court fees have exploded!!!!!! for something that was made up i dont want to pay court fees + a lawyer fee. if that happens, i feel like i am being robbed by the very government that is i pay for to protect me.

i am calling one more ticket lawyer, otherwise, i will just go myself and see what the no contest option will cost, otherwise, not guilty and jury trial which honestly just wastes everyones time.

to add again, there is zero reference to how fast i was going. posted speed is blank, actual speed is blank. he truthfully has no idea how fast i was going.

if the car next to me was going 5 and i was going 10, or if the car next to me was going 7.5 and i was going 15, to his point of reference i was going twice as fast. but still with in the speed limit. the world has gone crazy.

Mor.gan, thanks for the heads up. i jsut cant believe this kind of crap has to happen.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM

Take it to court. If what you wrote is exactly what happened, then it is complete BS.

But think about all the times you've gone on the highway at 150mph+ and didn't get caught. It sucks, but we all deserve a ticket every now and then.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MMM.PWR,Sep 30 2009, 03:22 PM
Take it to court. If what you wrote is exactly what happened, then it is complete BS.

But think about all the times you've gone on the highway at 150mph+ and didn't get caught. It sucks, but we all deserve a ticket every now and then.
i dont agree with this logic...if the cop wasnt there, it didnt happen
Old 09-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by s2kmiami69,Sep 30 2009, 05:01 PM
i dont agree with this logic...if the cop wasnt there, it didnt happen
lmfao.... to right
Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM

Wow that's a load of crap. I hope everything works out in court.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM

I got a ticket not too long ago for that, driving to fast for conditions. So when i was pulled over i asked him how fast was i going he said 55 in a 35 but yet i did not receive a "speeding" ticket. Its all BS, it got thrown and im good after my 298.98 court fee.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 AM

see thats the shit i am trying to avoid. 300 dollar court fee for s BS made up ticket that noone can prove anything other then i passed a car that was going slower then me. really, what a joke.

lawyer is trying to get it dismissed. otherwise, court time. i hate being a victim, esp when its at from those that are paid to protect me.

Quick Reply: i know our county needs revenue but seriously