South Florida Owners from South Florida

I got hit and then almost ran over

Old 05-06-2006, 04:31 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I got hit and then almost ran over

So my wife and I were leaving Sunset Place this night at around 1am, after seeing MI3 (good movie BTW, LOTS of action), and I notice this old piece of shit Nissan Altima behind me was literally inches from my rear bumper. I move forward a little a create some gap b/w him and I and suddenly he steps on it and boom, nails me in the ass.

I get out fuming, looked at the damage, which consisted of lightly scratched up driver side rear bumper and really isn't too bad. Here's my conversation with the guy...

me: What the hell, you hit me.

him: Huh? No I didn't. Where?

me: Yes you did. (I point out the obvioius scratches.) I hope you have insurance.

him: I do.

me: Show me and your driver's license too.

Him: ...

He looks at me with a blank stare, at which point I thought hmmm he looks drunk or high. So I go back to my car, grabbed my cell phone and took a photo of his car and his license plate. Then I noticed the guy start looking around him as if he was looking for a way to leave but there was none. There were cars all around us.

me: Where's your license and insurance?

him: ...

me: Fine, don't play with me, I'm calling the police and you can show it to them.

I dial 911.

him: Wait, I'll give you a hundread bucks.

me: Are you ****ing out of your mind? A hundred bucks? This is a $40K car!

So I'm talking to 911, the Sunset Place parking garage attendents come and order us to move to the side to keep traffic flowing. I said no because I knew the guy would try to leave and I told the atendent this. But fine I finally gave up as they were making the guy move anyways despite my objections. They had the guy reverse out and pull over the side, except he didn't. As I'm telling 911 the details, I see the guy speeding towards the exit gate and my wife is running after him.

I run over and start yelling that if he leaves its a hit and run and I will press charges. I yell at the attendents to not open the gate for him. At this point, I go around to the front of his car. Then suddenly he lunges it forward. If I didn't move back, I would have been run over. I start yelling at the guy. Turn off your ****ing car now, you're not leaving! He lunges his forward at me again. Again I back up and I kicked his car, so hard, that the Nissan emblem got messed up. I then move over to the driver's side thinking I would quickly lean in and remove the ignition key, but the prick pulled up his window. I continue to yell at him with 911 still on the phone.

Seconds later, the police show up finally. The cops told us to move over the Sunset Place circle on the side. My wife told the cops what happened. Witnesses told the cops what happened. I told them the story and that I wish to press charges. The cop then goes over and starts bitching at the guy that if he doesn't find his license, he will be arrested. The cop goes back to his cruiser and after some time comes back. Meanwhile my wife calms me down and the guy keeps looking in his car for his paperwork. He gives me back my license, registration and insurance and tells me that the guy will probably be arrested and that he will give him a roadside sobriety test. So the cop had the guy go through the motions... touching his pen, touching his nose, hopping on one leg while counting to 30, raise his right and left hand on his command, walk in a straight line. Instead the guy didn't touch his pen, touch his eye instead of his nose, almost fell over a few times and never finshed counting to 30, rose his left hand when the cop told him to raise his right and walked in a zig zag. Then the cop handcuffed and arrested the guy right in front of us. He comes over and tells us that he is charging him with the accident, attempting to run me over (attempted assault), accident while driving drunk, DUI, and no license or insurance. He gave me some papers and we were on our way.

I'm gonna try to use wax and claybar to see if I can get the scratches off. I think and hope so.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading. The end.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad it worked out for you.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tommy, that's a crazy story that could've had a much, much worse ending! Glad to hear you & wifey are ok!

Hope that a-hole ends up in jail for a long, long time.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:52 AM

Awesome word picture... felt like I was there kicking his car myself. BTW sorry about your bumber
Old 05-06-2006, 08:14 AM

Glad to hear you are both ok...

Hope the car is good as new in short order!
Old 05-06-2006, 08:52 AM

WOW. MAV IS LIKE BATMAN. GOOD JOB!

GLAD YOU AND THE WIFE ARE OKAY.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:52 AM

Damn, Tommy... is there anyone left in Miami that hasn't tried to race, hit, or run you over? Glad you got the guy busted before he killed someone.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacGyver,May 6 2006, 01:52 PM
Damn, Tommy... is there anyone left in Miami that hasn't tried to race, hit, or run you over? Glad you got the guy busted before he killed someone.
Mav= magnet for trouble.

Glad you and your wife are ok, and that he didn't do more damage than he did.

Tommy, maybe you should call Jerry Springer................

Mitch
Old 05-06-2006, 12:49 PM

Whoa..I'm glad you're OK. That could have turned into a REALLY bad situation. He's desperate, has a gun..kinda thing. Wow, gotta love Miami..

Glad everything worked out..be safe. First someone throws rocks at your dog, and now this?? Sheesh.

Erick
Old 05-06-2006, 01:42 PM

Tommy has the best narrative posts on s2ki, hands down. He's gonna have so many stories to tell his kids, they'll never need to leave the house!

Seriously though, glad you're ok, dude. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the next..."encounter."

Quick Reply: I got hit and then almost ran over