Old 05-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ingen CIA...

but now(almost now)

gt40 with a 50shot...
Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread VS1 .

Been pondering for a while now in regard to this major dilemma we have as far as the "breathing" of our cars. Im stocking the OEM box right now, planning to gut it out. The set up that I would love to rock would be the same as our brother MugenAP2, but Im not that healthy as far as pocket change...my freeking CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT is f^%$&*g me big time. So for now.... I will sport a gutted out stockie with possibly some heat shielding. I allready have a ZTEC heatshield installed, but I want to further shield the box by using something like what Bire was talking about. We shall see...
Old 05-17-2008, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the ARC Intake from my previous setup and they we're OK... It sounded nice but power wise.. I didnt feel that much difference... maybe a lil bit

Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by -LAW-,May 17 2008, 06:36 AM
I had the ARC Intake from my previous setup and they we're OK... It sounded nice but power wise.. I didnt feel that much difference... maybe a lil bit

So i have "heard"(Dont know if its true) that the ARC intake isnt all that what its cracked up to be, for the reasons that the intake box heats up and doesnt really produce much gains as its suppose to be thus creating more heat soak. But like i said "So i Heard" What do you say about that LAW? Did you notice any significant changes?

The ARC was the first intake i was going to install on my car but decided not to because of what i heard, and even though im not going to go in that intake direction i would still like to know if that is true or not and or get some feedback on it just for my own knowledge purpose.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:30 AM

I concur with you VS1 in regard to the "so i heard" remarks of the ARC intake. Too bad. . .I love the way this intake was design aesthetically. So..yea...Law...what do you say in regard to that? What did you decide to change it to now? can you do a vs. vs. comparison of what you had vs. what you have? ha ?ha? ha?

Sorry too much energy drink...
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM

J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake

:dawt:
Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by wuchan01,May 19 2008, 07:32 PM
J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake

:dawt:
Give us a lil more feedback than that ass any gains? advantages? specs? Pics? etc...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VeilSide AP1,May 19 2008, 11:50 AM
So i have "heard"(Dont know if its true) that the ARC intake isnt all that what its cracked up to be, for the reasons that the intake box heats up and doesnt really produce much gains as its suppose to be thus creating more heat soak. But like i said "So i Heard" What do you say about that LAW? Did you notice any significant changes?

The ARC was the first intake i was going to install on my car but decided not to because of what i heard, and even though im not going to go in that intake direction i would still like to know if that is true or not and or get some feedback on it just for my own knowledge purpose.
To be honest I didnt really feel much of a difference. I bought it because I need it for my theme Regarding heat soak, I didnt really drive my car that often to notice any heat soak

-Law
Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by VeilSide AP1,May 19 2008, 11:34 PM
Give us a lil more feedback than that ass any gains? advantages? specs? Pics? etc...
.......fine. Great throttle response, and heat soak is pretty much non existent. Ive never had my car on the dyno, so i have no actual #'s as far as a gain. The butt dyno feels like i gained something but it is only noticable on the Highway. My only gripe with the system is when it comes to cleaning the filter.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by wuchan01,May 20 2008, 05:28 AM
My only gripe with the system is when it comes to cleaning the filter.
So i heard, you gotta take apart the whole unit to clean it right.

Quick Reply: Hows your Breathing