South Florida Owners from South Florida

Hello & Soft Top Installation

Old 02-16-2021, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello & Soft Top Installation

Hello all, I haven't been on this forum for a number of years and moved to South Florida a couple years back. Has anyone in the Palm Beach area done their Robbins Soft top re-install themselves? Willing to assist for some cash? Let me know. Thanks
Old 02-17-2021, 02:28 AM

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

It will run you $600 but Palm Park Upholstery in West Palm has top notch quality. I've used them twice and they even worked around my roll bar. Hopefully the guy with the dreds still works there.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:26 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Soft top install

Hi all, I have been in communication with Jake, AKA jsenclosure, who visits South Florida regularly. Jake is trying to plan a trip soon and we will plan a installation day in the near future depending on airlines. Stay tuned.... John
Old 02-19-2021, 05:30 AM

Thanks guys but I did it myself. Its a tedious job but if you go into it knowing its a pain in the ass and take your time its not that bad. I didn't remove seats, roll bar or center console to remove and install. All I have left to do is put back the trim in the back. I may remove the passenger seat to get more room to work. I did not un-rivet the side steel cable, I just used the cable pull from the spring side. I I did it alone, I think the toughest part for me was putting the long 3-piece bolt on bar in the back. I had to sardine tin myself in the trunk to be able to get good leverage and kinda hold up the glass back to get the first set of nuts to go on. It also took me a while to figure out how it attaches to the different bows. The Robbins instructions could be a bit more detailed but I figured it out. Good luck to all who attempts, I agree it is a pain in the ass but its do-able. I watched 1 video and read the DIY on this forum and never looked at them again, I just followed the bread crumbs from back to front. If you know what I mean.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in Fort Lauderdale and need to get my top done in the next 6 months or so. I would love some help when I'm ready to do it. Let me know if you would be interested in helping. I can throw you some bucks or pay you in beer.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:14 AM

Depends on my schedule. I am hardly on this forum. If you tackle this in steps then its easier. Example 1 day just to uninstall, Next day to get back part on and the last day to get the sides on. That's what I did a couple hours each day. I would also suggest taking advantage of the cooler weather now, unless you have an Air conditioned facility.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by servantz
I'm in Fort Lauderdale and need to get my top done in the next 6 months or so. I would love some help when I'm ready to do it. Let me know if you would be interested in helping. I can throw you some bucks or pay you in beer.

E3 Upholstery in Pompano did my top
Old 02-28-2021, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoFlaKidd
E3 Upholstery in Pompano did my top
Did they do a good job? I am afraid of taking my car to a shop that doesn't know what they are doing and then they take my roll bars apart, etc. What kind of top did you get? Robbins, OEM?