South Florida Owners from South Florida

Hectic night...cops and all....

Old 08-31-2003, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like some information please BlueS2000Boy. I would like to know the year for the Lighting your friend owns and the year for the Cobra your other friend owns. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:37 AM

2003 FORD F150 SVT LIGHTNING V8 SUPERCHARGED (5.4 Liter)
Horsepower 380 @ 4750 RPM
Torque 450 @ 3250 RPM
Max RPM 5250
Curb Weight 3990 lbs.
0-60 in ???
13.9 1/4 Mile

2003 ACURA NSX-T V6 (3.2 Liter)
Horsepower 290 @ 7100 RPM
Torque 224 @ 5500 RPM
Max RPM 8000
Curb Weight 3197 lbs.
0-60 in 4.8
13.4 1/4 Mile

Okay, so you put 2 very good drivers in each car. Actually just one good driver for the NSX since the Lightning is automatic and you really do not need extensive driving skills in order to launch it. The NSX will rape the Lightning on the track.

SoFlaNSX's NSX has over 290hp to the flywheel. In other words his car has close to the same specs as the 2003 NSX. Safe to say the NSX would own the Lighting on the quarter mile by almost 1 full second.

I once saw a Lighting (with a chip) run a 13.1 at Moroso. Impressive numbers.

Personally, I love the Lighting. I love the way it looks and I love the sound the supercharger makes. If anyone owns a Lightning they are more than welcome to blow by me just as long as I can hear that whooshing sound right in my ear piece.

I also love the NSX. I believe Honda made a great supercar albeit a little too pricey. The NSX makes the sickest VTEC sound out of all the Hondas. This is another one of those cars that can blow by me or pull up right next to me and then gun it just so I can hear that particular VTEC.

If you put some thought into a street racing situation between the Lighting and the NSX, you can come to one conclusion: the Lighting will not be able to stay put on the road for very long at anything over 90 miles per hour. This is the reason, I believe, why the kid with the Lighting backed off SoFlaNSX. He was going way too fast and it made him nervous. In any case, the NSX will rape the Lighting at high speeds because the NSX was built to do so.

Let us put aside everything I have mentioned above and I will share something with you all. Every single Lighting driver I have come across has had an attitude problem. They think their shit don't stink and they truly believe that since they have 380 horses under the hood, they own everything on the road. There are exceptions of course and it is those people I have respect for.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:17 AM

Keep in mind that Ford adverstises their horsepower as "brake," not "SAE" net.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:14 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

all I can say is I'd rather have an nsx or an s2k before i'd buy a lighning or a cobra...actually any ford...but I also have to say that I know my car can walk a ford lightning cause i've done it to the same guy several times...also ...for the record. I've racked up several mustang cobras...i probably can't come close in a straight line with the new one.....with 500hp and all...but the old ones (kincluding a 67 gt500kr cobra) were easy.

besides you guys sound like I used to...my buddies car can beat yours up...oh yea shit hasn't changed...
isn't it fun?

hahaha

fltsfshr
Old 08-31-2003, 09:22 AM

all your info means nothing when it comes to his cars. the lighting is an 01 and has 500+ whp the cobra is an 03 and should dyno in right now at right around 800whp. he will own just about anything on the street.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:02 AM

Way too much testosterone in this thread...who cares who knows who with who races what? If I'm reading a thread of a race and a guy beats a Lightning, am I supposed to go challenging him with my own? (I have a '99 but left it in Maine for my dad to use)....or worse yet, challenge him with something a FRIEND owns? If I raced a Z06 and he spins his tires though three gears and ends up losing to 100, does it mean I'm quicker than every Z06? A race is a SINGULAR event, it's not a rolling Haley's Comet for pete's sake. On another note, it's sort of bush league to challenge someone with another's keys. That's like asking the guy on deck to bat for you.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:52 AM

DO US ALL A FAVOR. TAKE YOUR RACING CRAP TO A RACING FORUM! BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE PEMBROKE PINES POLICE HARASSING THE CRAP OUT OF US WHEN WE LEAVE BAHAMA BREEZE, NOW YOU ALL ARE GOING TO TALK RACING CRAP WHICH DRAWS MORE ATENTION TO US (NEGATIVE ATTENTION)

DON'T RESPOND TO ME, JUST SHUT THE FU*K UP OR TAKE YOUR CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aardvarkhunter
[B]DO US ALL A FAVOR. TAKE YOUR RACING CRAP TO A RACING FORUM! BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE PEMBROKE PINES POLICE HARASSING THE CRAP OUT OF US WHEN WE LEAVE BAHAMA BREEZE, NOW YOU ALL ARE GOING TO TALK RACING CRAP WHICH DRAWS MORE ATENTION TO US (NEGATIVE ATTENTION)
Old 08-31-2003, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by BlueS2000Boy
all your info means nothing when it comes to his cars. the lighting is an 01 and has 500+ whp the cobra is an 03 and should dyno in right now at right around 800whp. he will own just about anything on the street.
DUDE, GET OVER YOUR FRIENDS CAR!!! How much does YOUR car dyno??? I don't give a shit about your friends car because its not yours!! I've spoken with SVT King before and I've invited him to autoX events with friendly intentions, not "cutthroat 03 cobra vs NSX" racing in mind!!

and as far as AardvarkHunter: I was just posting a story about the other night way out west. We're all smart enough not to race in Pines, especially on Tuesday's. This was out in BSO territory and if we got caught, oh well, we were ready to deal with consequences I guess...street racing is stupid, but if your life is the only one your risking, i honestly believe thats the racers choice (another words, the road was empty of traffic both ways).

Jon: this topic did start as a story about a night down here........that is until you started challenging me with every car in south florida!

And with all due respect, do you really think that P.P. Police Dept is check S2ki.com Regional Communities: South Florida to see if we're racing?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:11 AM

dude you want my car you can have. two weeks it will be ready. i'm not throwing every car at you. all i said was race a REAL lightining not some bullshit stock thing. cause if it wasn't stock it would have rapped you. then you said some garbage about some friends NSX hint not armondo's like you said. so i said bring it. your doing the same thing come on now. and as i hear you have been asked by svt king himself to race him many times but you keep backing out. why is that? all i'm doing is pushing what he started a while ago. so just admit the facts. you raced a stock lightining and won big deal. don't brag about walking and all this garbage. and if your so confident in your car take svt king up on his offer and race him already. if not then just admit you can't touch his cars and this topis is over.

Quick Reply: Hectic night...cops and all....