South Florida Owners from South Florida

Be glad we don't live in Cali..

Old 06-22-2007, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazylarry85,Jun 22 2007, 12:41 PM
IMHO there should be some step program thing...If you get caught drag racing , yea here comes ridiculous price to get your car back...enough to make you think twice about racing. Then if you get caught a 2nd time I wouldnt really object to the car crushing...im sure I would say diff if I was in there shoes.

what ya think ?
Why give chances..You cannot give a life another chance. One PROVEN drag race can kill... In situations where driving is grey similar to what happened to Danny, that to me would not be justifiable to crush a car. Just situtaions like being at a planned race meet on an open road with crowds of people and cars etc..

For once, they are trying to teach the lesson to stop stealing stolen parts and drag racing. You have to hit them where it hurts...

I really doubt any of those car owners are going to drag race or buy stolen parts again. If they dont learn their lesson, then they will pay again when they get caught. Chances are if they got off with just a warning, they would continue to break the law. You see this everyday with criminals being out on probation commiting more crime. It just does not work.

This is an excellent solution. There are too many chances given for illegal circumstances, that have a potential to have deadly consequences.

The day someone close to you loses their life to a drag race or you car and parts get stolen, is the day you are going to say this action is positive...
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Who's playing? I have never street raced. No point to it.
Agi is right, there is a double standard for racing and that's what I'm afraid of.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by craigdred,Jun 22 2007, 02:33 PM
Why give chances..You cannot give a life another chance. One PROVEN drag race can kill... In situations where driving is grey similar to what happened to Danny, that to me would not be justifiable to crush a car. Just situtaions like being at a planned race meet on an open road with crowds of people and cars etc..

For once, they are trying to teach the lesson to stop stealing stolen parts and drag racing. You have to hit them where it hurts...

I really doubt any of those car owners are going to drag race or buy stolen parts again. If they dont learn their lesson, then they will pay again when they get caught. Chances are if they got off with just a warning, they would continue to break the law. You see this everyday with criminals being out on probation commiting more crime. It just does not work.

This is an excellent solution. There are too many chances given for illegal circumstances, that have a potential to have deadly consequences.

The day someone close to you loses their life to a drag race or you car and parts get stolen, is the day you are going to say this action is positive...
Well if your gonna put it like that, why give people who drive drunk a second chance, or rapist or murderers a second chance, they should all be put in prison for life then. If some is racing then they crash and kill someone they should be put in jail for life. End of story. But to crush someones car who didnt kill anyone is crazy. And I have lost a few good friends to racing. I think if you kill someone while racing you should get a life sentence.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by JDM-S2K19,Jun 22 2007, 02:59 PM
Well if your gonna put it like that, why give people who drive drunk a second chance, or rapist or murderers a second chance, they should all be put in prison for life then. If some is racing then they crash and kill someone they should be put in jail for life. End of story. But to crush someones car who didnt kill anyone is crazy. And I have lost a few good friends to racing. I think if you kill someone while racing you should get a life sentence.
They all should be put in prison. You are exactly right.... The term of imprisonment would vary on the severity of the crime. Probation is not working..
In Singapore, you can go to jail for littering. That type of consequences makes that city the cleanest city in the world...

A person who is busted 100% for Grand Theft should go to Jail 100%. They Broke the law..plain and simple
Old 06-22-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Agis2k,Jun 22 2007, 05:19 PM
I think those who raced and killed someone has to be put in jail and get their car taken from them.

But its true ppl get accused of racing all the time when they weren't racing cops are just a$$holes sometimes about it and if they going to crush my car just cause a cop feels like saying I am racing forget that!!!

Jail time/license removal is to me the best ways to punish someone for doing those things, obviously if they cont. it then get their car taken away and they have to pay the hefty fine but again not crush the car... what right do police have to crush someone's private property for racing? Its like saying cutting someone's hand off for stealing... its just not done here..

Also what about just DUI ppl... they kill ppl all the time and you don't see their cars getting crushed... sh1t at this rate they start with racing cars and they will add more reasons to crush cars down the line
MOTHER ****ING ---

The whole thing is just a bunch of crock. What about old people who run down people and kill people who shouldn't be driving? What ABOUT drunk drivers?
Hell what about people who don't wear your seat belt?

All are law infractions that could cause someone's life, so u crush the car? Completely ****ing rediculious.

The whole thing is a bunch of shit.

unless someone was injured the farthest punishment should go is jail time, drivers license being suspended.

i completely agree with the handing being cut off for stealing analogy. this "law" is completely rediculious.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the title said, BE GLAD THIS IS NOT CALI!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

AT THE VERY LEAST

the car should be auctioned off (or parts auctioned off) and the money go to chairty.

I just can't fathom in my head in anyway why 20-30k being flushed down the drain is a worthy punishment for someone who didn't even kill anymone.

all my opinoins are not even taken into consideration shit beign stolen. i'm just takling about the racing beacuse i didn't see that post till just now.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:53 AM

The point of the crushed cars was that they were racing and HAD STOLEN PARTS.

the need for more parts do to breaking $hit while racing leads to more stolen vehicles..

that's why they crushed the cars.

if you race you could still loose your ride here in fl
Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Jun 23 2007, 06:53 AM
The point of the crushed cars was that they were racing and HAD STOLEN PARTS.

the need for more parts do to breaking $hit while racing leads to more stolen vehicles..

that's why they crushed the cars.

if you race you could still loose your ride here in fl
How about trying to return the stolen parts back to the rightful owners
if they could justify it was stolen Im pretty sure they could track who they belong to.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sookie626,Jun 23 2007, 10:36 AM
How about trying to return the stolen parts back to the rightful owners
if they could justify it was stolen Im pretty sure they could track who they belong to.
Didn't you read how the guy "conviniently" had the motors id # "fall off"???

Now how the heck are they suppose to know who it belongs to???

Quick Reply: Be glad we don't live in Cali..