South Florida Owners from South Florida

Be glad we don't live in Cali..

Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDM-S2K19,Jun 21 2007, 03:50 PM
...gone in a matter of seconds....
BTW, that's all it takes to kill someone on the streets when you race, seconds.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

I dont think they should crush our cars...just make us pay a huge amount of money maybe half the price of the car.

Guess what , Motorcycle riders get killed all the time (not just crotch rockets, but mostly them) because someone didnt see them...they dont pay a price for killing an innocent victim,hell they dont even go to jail sometime. Why should we get our cars crushed, maybe if someone was killed thats a diff story

They should crush our cars simply fro Drag racing....I dont agree with Darios voice on that one. Innocent people might get killed because of a moron they should do more then take a car away.

sorry I got a little emotional there , I thought about my s being crushed just because I happen to get caught near Okee for racing...then my bike exp jumped in since someone cutme off on a NO passing lane.

I dunno Im rambling
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by GranPrix,Jun 22 2007, 09:29 AM
It's not always that easy?? What the hell does that mean?? It sounds like a lame excuse and a guilty conscious on your part if you ask me. How hard is it to drive to an autox event or a track?

Crushing their cars IS the punishment. If they don't want to lose their investment, which by the way was partially stolen, they shouldn't go racing in the streets. Besides, IMO, 95% of ricers have no idea how to handle or control a car on the track, much less on the street, so, even more of a reason not to race on the street.

Like Craig said, they should've made them push the button themselves.
I see what your saying but crushing the car is going to far. Yea of course there would be a few bad apples that will ruin it for others. But thats like throwing away someones money and that in it self isnt right. Yea im not gonna lie ive done it a few times, but to get caught once and then have your car crushed is just rediculous. Plus there isnt a track on every corner so its kind of hard to drive for miles to get a few runs in, ESPECIALLY if you work every weekend when the events are held. So its not as easy to goto the track for everyone.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

IMHO there should be some step program thing...If you get caught drag racing , yea here comes ridiculous price to get your car back...enough to make you think twice about racing. Then if you get caught a 2nd time I wouldnt really object to the car crushing...im sure I would say diff if I was in there shoes.

what ya think ?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by crazylarry85,Jun 22 2007, 12:41 PM
IMHO there should be some step program thing...If you get caught drag racing , yea here comes ridiculous price to get your car back...enough to make you think twice about racing. Then if you get caught a 2nd time I wouldnt really object to the car crushing...im sure I would say diff if I was in there shoes.

what ya think ?
But i still think that crushing the car is going to far, unless they are going to get paid for the value of the car. The step program thing is a good idea, but in no case should someones car be crushed. Just my .02
Old 06-22-2007, 01:49 PM

I think if the car has stolen parts, then the crushing is justified. But if they are going to crush them for racing then needs to be a certain requirement of CLEAR, INDISPUTABLE evidence and not just the cop's testimony.

I was accused of drag racing Wednesday night driving to Alex's house, I wasn't accelerating or driving crazy, but I was driving next to Di's Corvette and I guess that's enough . So if we were in Cali I would have had to worry about my car getting crushed for something I wasn't doing just because the cop was an assh***.

My point is while I agree with the punishment in principle, knowing how stupid, ignorant, and judgemental SOME people can be, I would be terrified if this comes to Florida.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is going to far but I bet its not their first offense and maybe they have a pretty bad record.

As for the racing people lets not play innocent cuz most of you do it at least once a year. Lets not get started.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 PM

I think those who raced and killed someone has to be put in jail and get their car taken from them.

But its true ppl get accused of racing all the time when they weren't racing cops are just a$$holes sometimes about it and if they going to crush my car just cause a cop feels like saying I am racing forget that!!!

Jail time/license removal is to me the best ways to punish someone for doing those things, obviously if they cont. it then get their car taken away and they have to pay the hefty fine but again not crush the car... what right do police have to crush someone's private property for racing? Its like saying cutting someone's hand off for stealing... its just not done here..

Also what about just DUI ppl... they kill ppl all the time and you don't see their cars getting crushed... sh1t at this rate they start with racing cars and they will add more reasons to crush cars down the line

Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Agis2k,Jun 22 2007, 02:19 PM
I think those who raced and killed someone has to be put in jail and get their car taken from them.

But its true ppl get accused of racing all the time when they weren't racing cops are just a$$holes sometimes about it and if they going to crush my car just cause a cop feels like saying I am racing forget that!!!

Jail time/license removal is to me the best ways to punish someone for doing those things, obviously if they cont. it then get their car taken away and they have to pay the hefty fine but again not crush the car... what right do police have to crush someone's private property for racing? Its like saying cutting someone's hand off for stealing... its just not done here..

Also what about just DUI ppl... they kill ppl all the time and you don't see their cars getting crushed... sh1t at this rate they start with racing cars and they will add more reasons to crush cars down the line
Thats what im saying. They are other ways of punishing people who get caught for racing. Not by destryoing their personal property.

Quick Reply: Be glad we don't live in Cali..