South Florida Owners from South Florida

Flashing Lights to warn of Speed Trap - illegal?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GranPrix,May 26 2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know why you people get mad at cops doing their jobs. If you want to bitch and complain, go to the state legislature for that. Get mad at them, they are the ones who pass these laws. The only thing the cops are doing is enforcing the laws. However stupid or retarded the laws may be, they are only doing their jobs.

Now you know not to flash your high-beams, so if you keep doing it, blame yourself.

Hilarious how people get caught breaking the law and they blame it on the cops.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vsdanny,May 26 2009, 02:34 PM
Sadly, these types of cops do exist and these are very few. But these very few are the ones that give the good ones a bad name.

BTW, if you're are wondering why cops don't give you a break it's because 9 out of 10 stops they make, the person they stop always knows someone who knows a cop or they know a cop themselves and ask for a break. If cops would listen to all these people who ask for a break because they know a cop or know someone who knows a cop then the cops will never be able to write a citation. They would easily go a month with out writing a citation if they'd do that.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just Pay the Ticket..... no Points
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by GranPrix,May 26 2009, 06:44 PM
Sadly, these types of cops do exist and these are very few.
Clearly you have never been to Cooper City, Davie, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, etc.

These "rare" cops are the ones who get caught on camera....

As for your ticket this one is very easy to get out...

1) Find a BUMPY ass road
2) Setup a video camera from 1/4 mile away.
3) Drive down said bumpy road
4) Produce video in court
5) Site other ppl's common issue (HID lights 'flicker' on slightly on bumpy roads)
6) State, "Your Honor; I attempted to explain the situation to the officer, due to the type of light installed by Honda, that my lights can appear to flicker/flash when I drive down a bumpy road. He refused to even consider the reason and insisted that I take it up with the Judge. So here I am today explain the situation to you."

If you didn't do anything wrong then fight it.

*** EDIT ***

BTW, It's 316.2397 (7) not 315 so you may want to fix your post on here and on the Accord website. It will help you out.

If he did put 315.2397 and not 316.2397 then you are free as a bird.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by GranPrix,May 26 2009, 02:26 PM
I don't know why you people get mad at cops doing their jobs. If you want to bitch and complain, go to the state legislature for that. Get mad at them, they are the ones who pass these laws. The only thing the cops are doing is enforcing the laws. However stupid or retarded the laws may be, they are only doing their jobs.

Now you know not to flash your high-beams, so if you keep doing it, blame yourself.

cops should be ticketing all the pos mother ****ers who keep taking red lights. and quit giving tickets for going 6 mph over the speed limit or flashing headlights. till then **** cops. except Jay... cause he's cool.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 PM

Morgan's the shit.

On another note. Today my friend was driving by the Fudds on US1, heading east towards US1. He's in my car doing like 35mph to pick me up. FHP pulls out of fudds without looking left. my friend slams on the brakes to not t-bone him. he stops and waves the cop to cross. cop rolls down his window and tells him how about you slow down and you won't crash someone. my friend replys saying he was doing 35 mph. cop was like sure, you think you can just go around doing what you want, etc, etc... and drove off. My friend didn't get a chance to tell him to **** off and look left next time.

**** COPS
incase u see **** F.U.C.K. COPS

How many people here have gotten BS tickets before? like speeding ticket when you weren't?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

As i get older i try to realize that cops are just trying to do thier job and just like with anything else they can have bad days, make mistakes, etc...

but I tell you the more experiences I have with them, the more I realize they are bad experiences rather than good.

I can't remember a single time where a police officer has ever done anything positive for me.

Perhaps I'm just not looking at the big picture, but theres one group of officers I can honestly say without hesitation or remorse, FHP, the biggest waste of human existance ever. A group of extortionists and nothing more.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

You can get a ticket for anything. It is up to the police officer to prove your guilt. Simply put, you do not having flashing lights as described in the statute. It is not illegal to flash your lights. It is illegal to have flashing lights on your vehicle like a police/fire etc vehicle. That is what the statute says.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GranPrix,May 26 2009, 02:26 PM

my legislature and governemtn is too busy trying to figure out out to take money from me to pay for shit that I dont want my money to go towards.

They dont have time to hear about how rediculious some of thier laws are.

Another one that pisses me off to no end is the seat belt laws.

I'm not an idiot, i wear my seat belt 100% of the time and would never agree with anyone who chose not to.

What I can't undrestand though is how that law is constitutional at all. Its a complete infringment on your rights to do with your person whatever you like. You're not hurting anyone else, nor do you have the potential to hurt anyone but yourself. Why its a law will never make sense to me.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87,May 27 2009, 01:17 PM
You can get a ticket for anything. It is up to the police officer to prove your guilt. Simply put, you do not having flashing lights as described in the statute. It is not illegal to flash your lights. It is illegal to have flashing lights on your vehicle like a police/fire etc vehicle. That is what the statute says.
Sorry Dave, due to him flashing his lights repeatedly like it states in this section, 316.2397(7), he's guilty.

[QUOTE](7)

Quick Reply: Flashing Lights to warn of Speed Trap - illegal?