South Florida Owners from South Florida

Ever have someone park so close to you that....

Old 01-12-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ever have someone park so close to you that....

you couldn't get in your car?! Well, it happened to me today. I go to the eye doctor for a post-op check-up, and come out to find that there's a Saturn SUV parked so close to me that I can't get in the car! Now, I'm a tiny girl and can squeeze in to almost any small spot, but I sure as hell wasn't going to be able to squeeze in to that! I examine the side of my car from a bunch of different angles to see if I can see any door dings (luckily there were none) and then go back in to the doctor's office, tell the receptionist about the situation & she goes to find who's car it is (no one in the waiting room said it was their's). I see this little old lady walking down the hall w/ her keys in her hand, so I follow her outside. About 10 steps outside & she stops - guess I was scaring her because I was following her. So I say, "Is that your Saturn?" and she's like "Yes". I tell her that she parked so close that I can't get in to my car. As she walks to the car, she has the nerve to say, "I was really careful getting out". Like I give a at this point! I watch her get in & luckily I see that she is tiny enough to get in & out of the car w/o having her door hit my car....but still! What pisses me off even more was that I parked in an end spot, hugging the curb on the one side of me & she even had 2 empty parking spots on the other side of her! As I was pulling away, it took all the restraint I had to not blurt out "Hey you old bag, learn to park!" What the is wrong w/ people?!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i actually had an experience where a church van parked not only so close that i couldnt get in, but so close that i couldnt walk in between the 2 vehicles to even attempt to open the door. not to mention that the van was at an angle, so it actually ended up coming behind my car blocking me in the spot so even if i got in through the passenger side, i still coulndt back out. after asking some people , i later found out that about 8 people had to climb out the driver door of the van, because they were too close to get the rear passenger door open because it faced my car.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:35 AM

I sometimes leave a love note saying "Learn how to park asshole! Next time I will key your car" or some other such subtle message. I do it not only when somebody has parked too close to me (the way you described) but also for assholes who take up two spots (because they think their car is so much more important than anybody else's) or who just park like idiots (like not parking straight and ending up with a back tire partially in the next spot).

I'm not actually evil enough to key somebody's car (although the assholes who take two spots are just CRYING out for a key-job), but i always hope when they are reading the note that they take a moment to realize that I *could* have keyed their car instead.

Maybe next time they park better.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:43 AM

I am so coming over and parking across your driveway. I like to get love notes.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:59 AM

When I had just gotten my Prelude, I went out one night but took my sister's '86 Accord because I didn't feel like worrying about my car. Well, I come out of the tanning salon to see that some idiot pulled their 85 foot long Cadillac (or something like that) right up & was actually touching the front of my car. Now, as it was, I was furious - and it wasn't even my "nice" car. If that was my Prelude there, oh - forget about it! I would've been brawling w/ someone! I left a lovely note telling the a-hole driver to learn how to park. You know it could only have been an old person driving the Caddy who not only didn't feel the car bump the other one, but then didn't even care enough to look to see how close they were to the car in front of them.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:40 PM

Yeah, know how ya feel Kimmy, those are the same bung holes that throw their doors open and do this to your car!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:56 PM

HEY,

I sometimes take 2 spots, but only in the very back of the lot. Just so I don't have to come out and see a ding like the one Jeff got, or the one I got 2 weeks after I bought my car, and it was worse than Jeff's

Mitch
Old 01-12-2004, 03:51 PM

I hear what Kim is saying...
I park at the Tri-Rail lot at Miami International everyday...I sweat bullets till I know she is safe and sound. Some days I get there early enough to get the end spot next to a car that is permanently parked there.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:59 PM

This reminds me of that commercial where the guy is parked in the middle of nowhere and
this shit shack comes barreling in, smoke puffing out the exhaust and pulls up to park right
next to him, in the middle of nowhere. Anyone else seen that commercial? It's
funny as shit.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:01 PM

Ya know what sucks, is parking far away thinking that nobody will park next to you. Then you come out and find out SOMEONE PARKED NEXT TO YOU!!! It's like Alllllllll these parking spaces and they had to park next to me. 85% of the time it's a P.O.S. too! Ugh!

Quick Reply: Ever have someone park so close to you that....