South Florida Owners from South Florida

The Drama that is my life...

Old 12-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing better then a lawyer friend, Is a Money hungry Lawyer friend... =)
Old 12-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, i was just reading this thread cuz i was thinking of moving down there. didn't know they treated s2k owners like that. i have been to the ft. lauderdale area and it didn't seem that bad, i actually liked it. this thread just gave me a sketchy feeling though.
Sonic, you did what you felt was right, i guess that is all that matters, and i hope you recover all your losses, and the kid straitens out a bit.

peace.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by meth,Dec 17 2004, 02:40 PM
damn, i was just reading this thread cuz i was thinking of moving down there. didn't know they treated s2k owners like that. i have been to the ft. lauderdale area and it didn't seem that bad, i actually liked it. this thread just gave me a sketchy feeling though.
Sonic, you did what you felt was right, i guess that is all that matters, and i hope you recover all your losses, and the kid straitens out a bit.

peace.
I wouldn't let what some punk did scare you away from moving down here. Needless to say something that happened in Hialeah... which of course is a country all of it's own. If you plan on Moving to Ft. Lauderdale then go ahead and do it. It's a very nice area and people are cool. Things like this will happen to ANYONE and ANYWHERE in the U.S. it doesn't matter if you are White, Black, Yellow or Purple if you live in the best of neighborhoods or in the worst. BTW I don't think he was target just because he drove an S2000, he just happened to be the dudes victim. Sonic could have been driving a Yugo the dude still would have done it..
Old 12-17-2004, 11:24 AM

haha, spa, you are right. yeah, when i was down there it felt pretty normal to me, and i had a blast, the women there rock!! sorry, off topic, how is the graphic design market down there i would need a job.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

meth, welcome to South FL first of all.

Don't let what happened to Sonic scare you away. Miami is GREAT city to live. Personally I hate Fort Lauderdale, lived up there for 8 months, hated it, moved back down to Miami, couldn't be happier - life is good. If you like it, more power to you.

In regards to graphics design, do you mean web or print or both? My company is always looking for kick ass web designers. PM or email me your resume (tommy.chang@tigerdirect.com). If not try craigslist.org, the Miami section. The graphics design market isn't great like SF or NYC but its not too bad either. If you have skill and a degree, you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:48 PM

Even after having this happen to me, i would never leave Miami.

Now when it comes time to raise my kids, Then relocating might be an option...
Old 12-17-2004, 04:18 PM

If the picture had his name under it, you shoud have told the officer it wasnt him and used the new info to find him and straighten him out...he will never really now how lucky he is!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2004, 07:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to respect your decision not to press criminal charges... I may have made the same choice if I knew the time it would take to chase it down. But I'm glad the kids parents know what happened and they're paying for the damages (I'm curious to know what their insurance company will be told as far as the cisumstances of the crash and if they'll drop the parents because of it).

I do hope, though, that even though you don't go through with a lengthy criminal case, you at least manage to get something on his record. For all you know, this isn't the first time he's done something dangerous, and maybe everyone else knew how much trouble it would be and gave up, too.

...and F1... just because someone doesn't have a record, doesn't mean they aren't doing stupid stuff. A record only comes from getting caught... and a record has to start somewhere.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MacGyver,Dec 17 2004, 11:41 PM
...and F1... just because someone doesn't have a record, doesn't mean they aren't doing stupid stuff. A record only comes from getting caught... and a record has to start somewhere.
Thanks for the tip......
Old 12-20-2004, 11:00 AM

damn im a pric i would've drove this kid into the ground and make sure he lives under the bridge and regret the day he got in that car and did that stupid shit..... I HAVE NO PITTY ive learned a lot from being screwed....AND FROM DEALING WITH RICK CASE CUSTOMERS!!!!! sorry o well thats me

Quick Reply: The Drama that is my life...