Old 12-17-2004, 04:55 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Walter P99

Old 12-17-2004, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
-
Just for your knowledge, i wrote this whole thing out once, and for some reason it never got sent correctly, so please excuse me if this version seems alittle half assed and brief.
-

Yesterday afternoon, i was called in to the station because they had a surprise for me. Upon arrival, i was asked to look through a line up of some pictures. Recognizing only one as the possible guy, i pointed him out.

He got up and asked me to come with him to an office. He then explained to me my options, as far as going criminally and civilly. After a long back in forth between me and the officer, I came to the conclusion that it would just be more reasonable for me to just go after him civilly.

The kids 19, and has no record. I would be hard pressed to get this kid ANY type of jail time. At best i could of gotten him probation and anger management. All that aside, i wasn't ready to ruin some kids life. He will be in plenty in trouble and learn his lesson, and my damages will be payd for (and some).

I also asked the cop for a favor. That he go to this kids house, and in front of his parents. Explain what he did. And explain to the kid that i could of had him arrested, and i didn't.

I know alot of people differ on wether or not i should of proceeded criminally. Im More then satisfied with the out come of this, and thats what matters.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. Ill See you all real soon. With my NEW lip and wing =) .

-Sonic

:EDIT: PS. Eventhough they wont read this. I got a give a big THANK YOU to the Hialeah Police Department. Not only was this detective a great guy and very informative, but the job they did was phenomenal. In A matter of days... Restores ones faith in the police.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:16 AM

The kid's got no record, yet they have his picture in a lineup?

BTW, you're a MUCH more tolerant person than I am.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:17 AM

Looked like it was a DMV picture....
Old 12-17-2004, 06:20 AM

I'd go after him criminally, then civilly, you are allowed to do both. Am I correct Aaron?

Also WTF was this kid in the lineup book with no record?

Why should you care about ruining his life? He obviously had no concern for your life, safety, or well-being. You wrecked your car (could have been hurt seriously or killed), and he was shooting a a weapon at you (could have lost an eye, etc.).

Honestly, he's lucky to only have something on his record, because from reading this board you know how many of us carry and would have shot him dead. You don't point guns at people, ever, not even for shits and giggles.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:24 AM

You can do both, Just the criminal one requires more effort then its worth for me. I assure you, i was as anxious to throw him in jail as all of you. When explained though, it diddnt seem likely.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:26 AM

I thought Florida had the minimum mandatory's for using weapons in crimes? Wouldn't that apply? Give him 10 years of being pounded up the ass, that will straighten him out.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by KeithD,Dec 17 2004, 10:20 AM
....Why should you care about ruining his life? He obviously had no concern for your life, saftey, or wellbeing....
I got what i wanted, the kid will mend his ways. And pay for the dammage he caused...

I dont think any of you have to agree with me (and doubt many will) but I back my decison 100% and think i did the right thing. I was a kid too once... and it wasent that long ago.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by KeithD,Dec 17 2004, 10:20 AM
I'd go after him criminally, then civilly, you are allowed to do both. Am I correct Aaron?
ABSOLUTELY.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:57 AM

We weren't involved Ricky. This kid is lucky you are a kind person.

Quick Reply: The Drama that is my life...