South Florida Owners from South Florida

The Drama that is my life...

Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KSuzuka,Dec 16 2004, 06:12 AM
I hate driving in Miami
And I hate driving in Fort Lauderdale where the ing racist cops pull you over and harrass you for "driving while Asian".

Also this happened in Hialeah, technically not a part of Miami.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mav,Dec 16 2004, 09:28 AM
And I hate driving in Fort Lauderdale where the ing racist cops pull you over and harrass you for "driving while Asian".

Also this happened in Hialeah, technically not a part of Miami.
I'm not asian.

I have found that the further south you drive (from the state line) the worse and more obnoxious the drivers get.

Mitch
Old 12-16-2004, 06:27 AM

Good to hear your ok. If you do decide to carry get trained. Not a big fan of untrained people carrying.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 AM

Theres things we do here, that shock people the furthur north you go.

Take for example this situation....

Your in the left turning lane at a light, and you ease up into the middle of the street, awaiting a chance to turn. Perfecticly normal here. Not so up north. By up north i mean tally and Gville. As if i was running reds, people were honking at me. I soon realized what it was i was doing....

Though this is not an extreme case, its just one of the few things that we do that most people are oblivous to...

Some states dont even use the hand of life.( often used in hialeah, the hand of life is when youve past the point where you should of gotten in line, and begin waving your hand erratically to be let in. Do to the fact that your indicator will not suffice.) For most states, simply turning on your indicator will produce a response from other drivers alowing you to get in.... Here in miami its more of a thought. A typical response to the blinker is " Oh, that guy wants to get in this lane. Thats nice, hey maybe i can block him out of the lane"

This is the city we live in guys, the price we pay for a major metropolitan area.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:08 AM

UPDATE:

First off regarding the car.

State farm estimated around 4,700 dollars.

Good thing is they quoted me a front lip at 500 bucks... I dont own a front lip.
So everything has its silver lining. Also i Went ahead and called paul from pompano. Hes hooking it up with the parts... SO im kinda making away with money on the deal, so im gonna work my wing into it too.

Thank you state farm and thank you Joe( for the connection with paulie, seriously everyone, this guy is awsome.)

As for the peice of shit that shot me...
Im going to see a detective today, Hes a friend of someone i know, and seems anxious to help. Luckily he was assigned to my case. Im gonna do everything i can, but it still seems like it will all be in vein...
Old 12-16-2004, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic_S2k_04,Dec 16 2004, 11:08 AM
So everything has its silver lining.
I love it when a pun comes together.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:03 AM

If you are getting the parts from Pompano you should get your car fixed up here...
Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 AM

Na, the guy That does the work, does great work... And Helps me out as far as the deductible and things like that. thanks though
Old 12-16-2004, 08:49 AM
mav

I hope that the cop can help you. I, and I'm sure you and all of us here, would like to see this thug in jail.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by mav,Dec 16 2004, 10:28 AM
It's not because your Asain dumbass, it''s because you can;t see over the steering wheel!

Quick Reply: The Drama that is my life...