South Florida Owners from South Florida

The Drama that is my life...

Old 12-15-2004, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Drama that is my life...

Heres my story...

Coming home sunday night from Ale house, i was heading down okeechobee in hialeah to drop a friend off.It was roughly 1 in the morn. We cross the train tracks heading east bound, and i look in the rear view and see this car approaching kinda fast. He gets on my rear end and starts riding my tail. Annoyd and not in the mood to race, i stay on the gas, but tap my breaks so the lights come on. He stays right there.... so i get out of the lane and get off the gas, but he switches in right behind me. So i leave him behind.

A min or two later this guy comes up on me again, this time turns of his lights. Again i slow down this time to a stop almost, he stays right there behind me. So i take off again. This time i pull into a left turning lane with cement border, so he couldent get in behind me. At this time, the Silver grand prix passes me. And begins to slow down. I get back on the street, and pull up along aside of him.

He lowered his window and i lowered mine. He said something that i really didn't here at first. And i asked in return "what the Fvck man?" . When i look over the guys holding a gun.

The minute i see this i Dropped clutch and took off. Took the first turn i could and the turn after that. I dont know what it was, the speed i was going, my lack of rubber, or the sandy pavement but the car kicked out, Hitting a parked car. I told my passenger to call the police, and i got out to see my car.

The grand prix pulls up, turns its lights off. I took off running, in an attempt to get a glimpse at the plate. This is the point were i realized it was a bb gun... I got shot in right below my left shoulder. At this point i start screaming out the lisc plate to my friend. And they Drove off...

Cops were called, the owners of the truck decided not to file a report, so i wouldn't get a ticket. The plate came back to a diff car, so either i didn't read it right, my friend wrote it wrong, or the guy had a fake plate (which i find very unlikely).

Cars front end is pretty thrashed... So i wont be showing up in my car for a month or so. Kind of a crappy thing to happen for the holidays. My insurance is covering both cars, and getting be a rental( thanks state farm).

Before you ask, NO i didn't provoke him. No i didn't cut him off. No im not crazy. As insane as this story sounds, its unfortunately quite true. Infact, im sure if it wasent for the numerous amount of people that saw the guy drive away, my passenger seing it all, and the hole in my arm from the bb... i dont think many people would of believed me.

Anyways, ill keep you guys posted with the car, and get some pics of the damage...
happy holidays
-sonic
Old 12-15-2004, 07:36 AM

Ricky, I'm glad your ok! Sorry to hear about your car though! Time to execise your right to bear arms huh?
Old 12-15-2004, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY SHIT!!! Glad that you are ok, and that it wasn't a real gun. Some people are really stupid now adays, and I am sure between all this it was just "Fun" for him. I wouldn't put it past them putting on a different plate. People down here seem to love to do that, especially when the car is stolen, or they want to do stupid shit like that.
Again, at least you are ok, and your passenger was too! Car is fixable, even replaceable.

I do have to say it tho.. "Tenia que ser in Hialeah".
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hunter,Dec 15 2004, 11:36 AM

Ricky, I'm glad your ok! Sorry to hear about your car though! Time to execise your right to bear arms huh?
Way ahead of you...
Old 12-15-2004, 08:23 AM

Damn Ricky... That stinks... Go get your CWP. I always have some kind of weapon in my cars.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap!
What a crazy night that was. Glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully the cops will catch these scumbags.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:30 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shit Ricky... I'm glad you're ok.

Were the cops finally able to track down the plates? Even with a partial and the description of the vehicle, they should be able to track down the car and owner.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:52 AM

They diddnt seem like they were gonna do much... The guy seemd almost pissed to be there and was just brushing me off. They ran the plates i gave them, diddnt come back right... So he stoped trying...
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM

Sonic, thats unfortunaly the kind of 'punks' that could have seriously affected your life. Its a good thing you didn't get shot in the eye! Oh, and Spa, that was very funny (...tenia que sel Hialeah). Anyways, hope you and your car get over it smoothly.

Erick
Old 12-15-2004, 10:28 AM

sorry to hear this man , hope these idiots get caught, and best of luck on the fix and come back.......later

maybe you can switch to the nicer pre 04 front end....

Quick Reply: The Drama that is my life...