South Florida Owners from South Florida

consequences of having an s2k

Old 08-02-2009, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default consequences of having an s2k

Well guys..there is always bad things and good things about every car..

I finally got my my05 running(happy)..I had this car now for a month and a few days since I bought it. Two weeks after I bought my car it got vandalized..I had to spend almost 2k out of pocket to put the parts back because I didn't have the car on my insurance yet . Yesterday around 11am I was on my way to the insurance agency to put the car on my policy and the car was empty so I stopped at a gas station near by. I parked my car on the pump behind a dodge durango and I go in to pay for the gas. When I come out I see a guy looking at my car and when he sees me coming he tells me sorry man, I didn't see your car when I was backing up and looked what happened. When I looked I was like in shock and I wanted to kill the fu.... guy. He told me he was sorry, he didn't see the car bla bla bla... So I took him to my house to get all the insurance information and all his information..He said he was going to call the insurance on Monday and tell them what happened etc etc.. I did not call the cops because I didn't have insurance and I didn't know if it was the right decision.. What do you guys think? Will his insurance pay if I don't have insurance? I need advice on this since tomorrow I have to call him to make sure he pays for it.

I'm I just unlucky or what? I'm about to think an s2k its not for me even that I love them.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 AM

It happens, the 1st day i got my 1st s2000 someone backed into it.. You can still call his insurance company and make the claim, if im not mistaken.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05s2kmia,Aug 2 2009, 09:29 AM
He said he was going to call the insurance on Monday and tell them what happened etc etc..
I hate to say this & hope that I'm wrong, but the fact that he says he's going to call on Monday (not the day it happened) is a big red flag. If you have his insurance info, I'd call them ASAP on it.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by JerseyGirl,Aug 2 2009, 09:03 AM
I hate to say this & hope that I'm wrong, but the fact that he says he's going to call on Monday (not the day it happened) is a big red flag. If you have his insurance info, I'd call them ASAP on it.
Sorry...I did not explain myself..We called yesterday but it was closed so we decided to leave it for Monday because we couldn't get in contact with the insurance...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 AM

Call as soon as you grt the chance. If you wait too long you will lose this one.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 AM

get insurance on your car..........................
way too many down here driving without it and that's why all of our rates are so freaking high
Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM

thanks for all the replies..

Yes I'm getting the insurance tomorrow, I couldn't do it Saturday because the agency was closed...Lets see how all this turns out...thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 04:34 PM

I always call the cops in any situation when the other party is at fault because the cop might have given you a small ticket but the damage to you car seems expensive .... i would have at least gotten something in writing that admits his fault ... has his drivers license # and other information. My friends have gotten screwed over before .... he could be like " i dont know what your talking about, i never hit anybody,

If he tries that bs then i would hope that there are video cameras at the site of the acccident ...... i always get a police report
Old 08-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i got money from an insurance company without them gettin my insurance info.

as long as the driver admits fault to his insurance company, they are gonna pay out as little as possible by sending you to their bodyshop, and raise their client's rates.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FIRST OFF you are a crazy MO FO for not having insurance on your car...especially down here man. Dude come on....honestly

Second...wow i cant believe you didnt call the cops..even just to make a report. NOw its his word over yours. He can deny it and say your crazy. No way to prove it. I really hope this works out for you man but this guy can easliy walk away from this with a smile and a coke

Quick Reply: consequences of having an s2k