South Florida Owners from South Florida

Comptech SC Dyno Pull

Old 04-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comptech SC Dyno Pull

I was surprised how little boost the stock Comptech kit puts out with the AC - we were getting just a bit over 5 psi at peak. I went to the dyno to make sure I wasn't running lean with this kit - just a safety measure. They dyno showed pretty much what I expected with 281 HP at @5 PSI boost (stock pulley). I was disappointed to find out my Comptech water pump wasn't working for the AC, so the air charge was hotter than it probably should have been.

Interesting point though - we put a bag of ice on the AC, waited 10 minutes and we were able to pull 301 HP. One heck of a difference and a good advertisement for making sure the AC is working correctly. Now I have to dig in and get a new pump assuming the wiring is OK - the AC pump was working last I checked about 2K miles ago....

Want to thank Richie and Andres at RAW Racing in Davie. They had a problem last minute with the dyno we were going to use and found another dyno to run this on. This was EOD but Andres took the time to make sure I got a good pull and even went out after the bag of ice after finding out my AC was kaput. Nice guys who seem to know their stuff - pretty rare in SoFla.

Now...I need an exhaust, gauges and smaller pulley. Damn FI - you can always do more to get more

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-10-2007, 03:34 AM

adrian tuned?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 AM

good stuff!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 AM

Apologies, don't know "Adrian". I do my own work and did my own SC install. The results are 4K miles after SC installed, 9K total on car. I've adjusted the valves twice, and switched to the NGK 7173 gapped at 33. Not bad for only 5 PSI and air temp of 87.7F.

Anyone running the RAW racing 3" exhaust? Curious how it sounds - know it will be loud(er) but need to figure out if I could live with the noise.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Standing Room Only,Apr 10 2007, 05:31 AM
Apologies, don't know "Adrian". I do my own work and did my own SC install. The results are 4K miles after SC installed, 9K total on car. I've adjusted the valves twice, and switched to the NGK 7173 gapped at 33. Not bad for only 5 PSI and air temp of 87.7F.

Anyone running the RAW racing 3" exhaust? Curious how it sounds - know it will be loud(er) but need to figure out if I could live with the noise.
he asked you if adrian (smiley) tuned the car. but i'm assuming since you didn't mention what ems you were running that you're on a stock comptech kit using their supplied fuel bandaid.

as for the exhaust. not sure what muffler richie and andres use on there but the sound will be dictated by the muffler as long as exhaust piping diameter stays the same.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Correct - just the CompTech blackbox "bandaid" - good description . I'm not sure what muffler they use, but was curious how loud and if anyone had their exhaust done by these guys. It is attractive to have a custom exhaust fitted for a comparable price to some of "out of the box" systems available - but if each time I start the car my neighbors windows start to rattle, that may not be a good option

I may go to an AEM EMS at some point, but right now would prefer to keep the SC setup simple - it is fast enough to get me in trouble "as is"...and with an EMS I'd be tempted for smaller pulley/more boost, then need to buy injectors, etc. Slippery slope...
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=Standing Room Only,Apr 10 2007, 08:31 AM] Anyone running the RAW racing 3" exhaust?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Standing Room Only,Apr 10 2007, 10:00 AM
Correct - just the CompTech blackbox "bandaid" - good description . I'm not sure what muffler they use, but was curious how loud and if anyone had their exhaust done by these guys. It is attractive to have a custom exhaust fitted for a comparable price to some of "out of the box" systems available - but if each time I start the car my neighbors windows start to rattle, that may not be a good option

I may go to an AEM EMS at some point, but right now would prefer to keep the SC setup simple - it is fast enough to get me in trouble "as is"...and with an EMS I'd be tempted for smaller pulley/more boost, then need to buy injectors, etc. Slippery slope...
lol yeah i don't trust non tunable systems. if you're going to use the 3" exhaust on a SC setup you can't really compare it to ogpackin's setup because it's on a turbo car. the exhaust notes will def be different. you should want an aem because it's safer with a good tune.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by M.A.R.C.,Apr 10 2007, 01:40 PM
lol yeah i don't trust non tunable systems. if you're going to use the 3" exhaust on a SC setup you can't really compare it to ogpackin's setup because it's on a turbo car. the exhaust notes will def be different. you should want an aem because it's safer with a good tune.
The 3' on the SC will be louder then mine

Quick Reply: Comptech SC Dyno Pull