South Florida Owners from South Florida

comin down to SoFla this week

Old 06-19-2005, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default comin down to SoFla this week

so i am headin down to fort lauderdale yet again, my 4th time in 8 months. hence the reason i sometimes post here.
i will be down there on thursday-sunday. love to meet some of you guys if you have any sort of night meetings, but if that can't happen i was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for me.
i got about 15 of the homies meeting me down there, so clubwise, where can we enjoy ourselves. South Beach isn't out of the question nor is miami spots. last couple of times i went down i was chillin in that area where automatic slim's is at.
also if any of you guys are into real estate, i wouldn't mind getting into conversation with you about where to buy possible investment properties as south florida is or was hot, and socal is getting worn down.

thanks all,
peace.

oh, and cheetah's is on the list for sure for us as it is my boy's bachelor party.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out Space, Mango's, Club Deep, Wet Willies and Fat Tuesday.

There are A LOT, even an overabundance, of investment property in South FL, especially the Downtown Miami area. However some say that the market is so saturated with these new condos and not enough buyers, that the housing bubble is about to burst.

Anyways check out Blue Condos, its sister Marina Blue, Icon South Beach and Ice Miami. In Fort Lauderdale, I read some good things about the W Residences/Hotel set to open in 06.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want some help with property give me a call at my office. I'll PM you the #. Also, club wise. Automatic Slims is cool either in SB or FTL. For SB can't go wrong with Crobar.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:28 PM

Firstly, come meet us on our Thursday night meet (weather permitting).

Depending on what your scene is, there's a different variety of things to do. If you explain what your style is and what type of atmosphere you want to be in, then I can guide you in a better direction (for places in SoBe and Miami).

For the big name $20 cover clubs, there's Space, Mynt, and the newly opened Noctural (go see what a 3 level $12M club looks like).

For something a little less pricey, but still upscale, there's the Townhouse, Shore Club, and the Delano.

For more down to earth, you have Automatic Slims and Purdy Lounge.

If you cross over to the Design District, you have I/O Lounge, Pawnshop, and the District. All of those places are lounges/clubs with indoor/outdoor areas playing punk, rock, alternative, indie, 80s, etc.

As for property, check out all the condos coming up in the Design District.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:37 PM

i'm a hip hop kind of a guy. i actually like the old school stuff along the lines of tribe, pharcyde, wu tang, classic oldies. but anything will do as long as it is a happenin spot. where is the design district at?

i've been to space, and automatic slims is stumbling distance from my friends apt. he is just across the bridge, that place is fun and i had fun at voodoo lounge as well.

as far as meeting you guys on thursday i have only one problem, i have no real way of transportation. funny my friends roomate has an 04 s2k, but he is not active on these boards. i'll see if i can get him to log on, or better yet let me use his car, but i doubt it, plus i don't wanna bother him.

thanks for the reply's guys. i will be there thursday morning.

hmm, i'd post pics of my car, but the gallery is screwed right now.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:17 PM

PM me your number, and I'll call you on Thursday. I'm often in the Design District for meetings, and I could probably pick you up if you're inclined to come meet us at the meet. Also, Thursday nights is a great night to goto the District. This Saturday is Miami Bass Night at I/O Lounge (Poplife). The Design District is by Biscayne Blvd. and 36th Street. About 5 minutes (2 if you're in the S) north of Downtown Miami. These lounges are located between 14th street and 40th on NE 2nd Avenue. Automatic Slim's is just a little too small for my taste. There's also SoHo Lounge in the District as well. Pawnshop is best to visit on Friday nights. Typically, there is a $20 cover for that venue.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:23 AM

so where is nocturnal? sounds good.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 AM

http://www.nocturnalmiami.com/

It's located basically next to Space. Check out the roof (as that's where most of the $12M went to) and ofcourse the dancers on the rooftop. : )
Old 06-22-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by arcadence,Jun 22 2005, 02:29 PM
http://www.nocturnalmiami.com/

It's located basically next to Space. Check out the roof (as that's where most of the $12M went to) and ofcourse the dancers on the rooftop. : )
This place is out of hand!