South Florida Owners from South Florida

Car dyno update with inline KIT

Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

give ralph a call

i cant believe angel and ramon are charging you so much. maybe they dont understand the job?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by ShawnM,Nov 3 2010, 06:10 PM
i cant believe angel and ramon are charging you so much. maybe they dont understand the job?
That is definitely NOT the case Shawn.

Its easily a 4-5 hour job when you include removing valvecover, coils/removing cams/removing retainers/reinstalling new retainers/adjusting the valves/reinstalling valve cover etc.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ramon, never said you guys were overcharging or treating me bad. You guys have been great so far but I posted this to get an idea of what the job intailed since I haven't done it before. Just like when I posted who was a good tuner in town. Like I said before normally Lexus take care if my repairs or I just do it myself. I just didnt want to get involved with this type of job since I wasn't familiar with it.

As far as everything else and prices and your service, again no complaints and I have even recommended others I know to call you guys.

There is no need for your comments about no good deed goes unpunished since I haven't said one thing bad about you guys. I appreciated everything you both have done and now decided just to do the dyno and not worry about the retainers.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by rikhemi,Nov 4 2010, 07:41 AM
Ramon, never said you guys were overcharging or treating me bad. You guys have been great so far but I posted this to get an idea of what the job intailed since I haven't done it before. Just like when I posted who was a good tuner in town. Like I said before normally Lexus take care if my repairs or I just do it myself. I just didnt want to get involved with this type of job since I wasn't familiar with it.

As far as everything else and prices and your service, again no complaints and I have even recommended others I know to call you guys.

There is no need for your comments about no good deed goes unpunished since I haven't said one thing bad about you guys. I appreciated everything you both have done and now decided just to do the dyno and not worry about the retainers.
I deleted my comment Rick, It was unnecessary. Again, we really strive to make our customers happy and that obviously includes pricing as well as service. Just realize that we aren't charging very much for the work involved.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm the first one to agree with you Ramon. You guys have been great and helped me with small things other places could have charged me with. I'm meeting with angel later today to finish my tune and hoping for big numbers which I will post online. I can't be held responsible for what others say in regards to price and if it's a good deal or not. I just like to verify things before I make a decision.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 AM

brent is the mechanic over @ Hybrid Werks, give them a call he does great work and at a fair price. Has done a lot of work for me in the past and one of the only people I trust with my car. And I track my car harder then 90% of the ppl on this forum, and no issues at all!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by R@mon,Nov 4 2010, 05:44 AM
That is definitely NOT the case Shawn.

Its easily a 4-5 hour job when you include removing valvecover, coils/removing cams/removing retainers/reinstalling new retainers/adjusting the valves/reinstalling valve cover etc.
didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were doing, just that maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

angel will charge less if you let him do the work shirtless and then cuddle with him afterwards.

all kidding aside, I dont think $300 is unreasonable as it will definately be on the long side of 4-5 hours, but it wouldnt hurt to shop around and see.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Dyno update..
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM

Congrats on the #'s.

Quick Reply: Car dyno update with inline KIT