South Florida Owners from South Florida

Car Accident

Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Accident

Hey guys,

So some bad news ... got into a car accident and my S2000 is f@#ked up. Long story short .... got hit by a 79 year old lady who has
had her license suspended since 2009 because she couldnt pass the exam. Also she has no car insurance. So she got 3 tickets (causing accident, no license,
and no insurance).

So I reported this to my car insurance and had to rent a car. I guess I am supposed to take the lady to court for any expenses that are not covered by
my car insurance. I have a $500 deductable that I have to pay, i think my insurance pays 80% of car rental, and whatever other expenses.

Car Damage: Both airbags went off, passenger door dented and scratched, Both panels in right rear of car dented, rim cracked in half, tired shredded ....

I have been to accidents before but this scenario with no insurance and license is a first. Also I will probably be supeona'd to go to court since she had
no ID on her because her license is suspended.

Any advice on this bull shit ???? ... oh yeah .... its my spring break also .... f@#k this ...

omar
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM

Saddest part of all of this is that the old bitch will get a slap on the wrist. Can't rand these old f@#kers. Have your attorney subpoena her medical records, chances are that she was under the influence of medications which she shouldn't be driving on if she had a liscense. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that really sucks, if you have full coverage then your car might be totaled. If the insurance opts to fix the car then remember to ask for decreased value on top of repair costs.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 AM

That sucks, same thing happened to my Civic a few weeks ago. Some idiot driving 70 on a 35 wasn't paying attention T-boned me on the rear driver side. Total loss on the car.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM

About six years ago I was involved in a car accident that was caused by the other driver and my car was totaled. So the insurance company wrote me a check for the value of the car.

My s2000 has a lip-kit, spoiler, expensive sound system, coilovers, alarm system, etc. etc. ..... so how does that work ? Do I have to remove all that crap if the

car is declared a total loss ?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:02 AM

If you have stock parts to replace it with then you may have to remove some of that stuff. I know they do pay for some of the upgrades like wheels but not to sure about suspension. Try digging up receipts for all your stuff and make your case. How are you feeling? You may have to get an attorney if the insurance starts to act cheap.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 AM

Wow.....hate to hear this stuff. Was just doing the shopping for insurance for the last of my 4 boys and my agent dropped a bomb that I never expected. His claim is that all stats verify that 42% of all drivers in the State of Florida have ZERO Insurance.

Better make sure that you are "Fully Covered".
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM

42% uninsured sounds kind of low, my guess is 60%

I have to add collision to my insurance, been stalling cause I'm still out of work on disability.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Update:

I had my car towed to Rick Case Honda for repairs, I only will let a honda dealership touch my car. The guy took a quick look at it and said that
right now it looks around $6000 in damage and it would need to be around $10,000 of damage to be totaled. But the actual adjuster has to take a look at it
and come with an actual cost of repairs.

I can dispute anything the guy says, especially if I want additional repairs. I want the entire car repainted and not do this bullshit blending crap. I will
also ask for 2 brand new rear tires since they definately have to replace 1 of them. I will also ask for an allignment. I personally don't care if this crap
isn't covered by my insurance cause I am taking the dumbass to court.

I already had to rent a car for 1 week which cost me $350. But from what I heard state farm is going to go after the other driver directly since she doesn't have insurance and I will also not have to pay my deductable cause they will get it from the lady .... fine by me ..... let her pay for all this crap ..... those are the f@#kers that get people killed on the road ...... she did remember her handicap sticket ...

She can pay for all this shit, after driving with a suspended license for over 3 years and not having insurance .....

My insurance said they will pay for upgrades for the car such as radio, sound system, etc ..... but not thinking about it till i get the official word from state
farm ..... they better not total the car .... after all that time and money i put into it.

omar
Old 03-22-2012, 01:53 PM

So got a call from the dealership .... the estimated amount of damage is $8000 so I will be expecting a check in a couple of days to get my car fixed.
It will be fixed by April 6th so it looks like I will have a rental car for another 2 weeks.

The good thing is my car won't be totaled and won't have to deal with all the other crap

Also according to my insurance company my bank still owes my car which is a bunch of BS, that was 3 years ago ... so now I have to get
that fixed.

Quick Reply: Car Accident