South Florida Owners from South Florida

AutoX Events!

Old 09-22-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the past, I have been faced with the situation where I was frustrated and angered by people running "illegal" mods in my class. The way I resolved it was to wait until I beat them (so that it couldn't be interpreted as sour grapes), and then politely mention my concerns. In the two times that this has happened, the competitor acknowledged the "cheat" and then went about fixing the situation.

I'm not talking about weanie protests, such as side strakes or forgetting to put in the spare tire cover, but some of the same concerns mentioned here. In fact Les did respond appropriately to my discussion with him and he changed the wheels and boost. BTW, his wheels were too large (15") when he should have been running 14" for his model year car, which he is now doing.

IMO, gears are absolutely a performance enhancement. I have chosen not to get directly involved until now, but the debate has gotten pretty heated. I recommend that the parties involved have a polite discussion about it and come up with a solution.

We're out there to have fun, and this is not fun.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That being said, I have to side with Rich on this one.
Rich who? Can someone tell me who this guy is?

It is understood by the others that are racing in and out of your class that you know the rules, and you have classed your car to the best of your knowledge.
Actually I did get the gears installed when there was more than 6 events left in the season so technically I could have changed to SM2 and finished the season there. However I only recently (3 months ago) found out that gears put you in SM2.

[QUOTE]Rich asked me a while back how to handle this situation, and I had suggested he confront Alex in a polite manner and discuss this with him.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:12 PM

After doing some searching on the GCAC site, the only Rich I can find is this:

[CODE]Class: A-STREET PREPARED -------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-22-2004, 05:04 PM

Sup guys. The event for this sunday, its at homestead, is that here in Miami? I moved this year from curacao to here and I have no clue where homestead is and I'm wanting to come take a look of how autox is. Don't have those racing back at the island.
Thx
Old 09-22-2004, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buzilanga,Sep 22 2004, 09:04 PM
The event for this sunday, its at homestead, is that here in Miami?
It's south of Miami.
Try checking out this link for more info: http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com
Old 09-22-2004, 07:55 PM

Im fairly certain that my cuban comrad could take a power wheel and whipe the floor with most people...

I am in no way getting into this either, but im just backing my cuban homie... I dont see why this is being taken so seriously. I mean, if you made your livelyhood off it, id understand, but its AUTO X... most the time your racing against yourself anyways.

Build a bridge...
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PENROD,Sep 22 2004, 05:24 PM
I must say that this is Mav's opinion and he does not speak for ALL S2000 owners.
But wheres the fun in that?

I must say that this is Mav's opinion and he does not speak for ALL S2000 owners.
My opinion is shared with many others here.

That speaks wonders about the professionalism of S2000 owners.
Professionalism? Are you kidding me? This is an internet forum, not my office. Hell I don't even act "professional" there.

As for getting all worked up, it seems Mav has taken this much more seriously than those actually involved.
I'm not worked up at all; this is a bunch of bullshit and hilarious... especially the fact that a "supposed" Porsche 911 owner doesn't even know what a 996 is. Hmmmmm I wonder if E46 only applies to turbo 330i Coupes with nos.

And the number reason why this thread sucks is because some unknown idiot has called out and attacked one of our friends here for apparently stupid reasons.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by mav,Sep 23 2004, 05:16 AM
Professionalism? Are you kidding me? This is an internet forum, not my office. Hell I don't even act "professional" there.

...some unknown idiot has called out and attacked one of our friends here for apparently stupid reasons.
Maybe it's just my dumbass morals Mav, wanting to treat EVERYONE with a little respect.

(damn morals and values)
Old 09-23-2004, 03:50 AM

While I appreciate the spirited discussion ( I think this is the most we have said on 1 subject in several months), I intended this thread as an informational source so that the new comers to the S2k scene or the South Florida area could have access to upcoming events.

I would like to suggest that all future conversations be held to that subject. Thanks!

BTW: Buzilanga, to get to Homestead take the Turnpike south towards the Keys. You will see an exit for the Homestead raceway. That is where the AutoX is held. In the parking lot not on the track. Hope to see you there. Keep tabs here sometimes we will do a group drive down.

Deiger
Old 09-23-2004, 05:16 AM

Alex-you are correct

Quick Reply: AutoX Events!