South Florida Owners from South Florida

Anyone Moved to Florida?

Old 02-01-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Moved to Florida?

Has anyone moved to Florida from out of state? I am 23 years old, and have been looking to move to South Florida someday. The market seems to be very nice right now if you are looking to buy a home!

My aunt and uncle have a few condos in Naples Florida. I really love the area, pretty quiet not to much to do, yet very nice and pretty beaches. Although prices are pretty high lol. I would love to live in Port Royal though!

So I was looking at Punta Gorda, Cape Coral and such. Pretty much south west Florida. I can't afford to be right on the water, yet I do not want to be far far away.

So those of you that have moved to Florida, how was it? How was finding a job, and the whole relocation process?

It seems like right now you can not pass up all these short sales and such. Prices of $350k 2 years ago and now selling for $125 and lower. Crazy 3 car garages and such. Not looking for anything crazy, just a starter home for a 23 year old and girl. Nice area and a home to work with would be great! Yet like I said even for 125k it seems you can get some hella deals.

Not really in a hurry, still need to save some money but these homes are nice for the money!

Thanks in advance!

-Stephen
Old 02-01-2009, 07:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

considering the ice storm you have on the news... dude... stay warm... but you should get some good advice from here about moving to florida..
i came here for a few week vacation many years ago... well, I never went back... jobs are tough... depending on what you do or are willing to do... yes the curent housing market looks good.. others will have to tell you more cause i'm not up on any of that... i will say the Florida S2ooo group rock.. save an enjoy...
Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha Yeah one hell of an ice storm. Just got the S out for the first time today. Yeah I make sure I go to FL at least twice a year. I am a banker right now, not sure what I want to do for sure though.