South Florida Owners from South Florida

Another reason to be considered "SOUTH FLORIDA FORUM"

Old 06-18-2003, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another reason to be considered "SOUTH FLORIDA FORUM"

/rant on

OK, So I was fishing over on the Florida forum.. and they said something rather ahmm "Interesting".

See Here: LINK

It was said that go ask the Greater Miami group because Sunrise is there. AHmm Last I checked Sunrise is about 40 minutes away from central Miami. (Depending where in Miami you do live). Now another thing... wouldn't Sunrise be considered Broward County? Hmmm.. Wouldn't Broward County be considered.... SOUTH FLORIDA? I'm confused. Why send someone to the Greater Miami Forum who lives about 40 minutes away from this city (Sunrise)? Oh wait a minute is it because a lot of our members live in Broward County (Which would be considered SOUTH FLORIDA) that could help this person. OH yes I beleive RatedS2K said he would help him out. Wait Doesn't RatedS2K live in Parkland? Is that in Broward County? South Florida?

What's UP WITH THIS NAME CHANGE you all promised us? Give us an update. If the "Florida" forum is considering us part of the "South Florida" region.. then why not just name is SOUTH FLORIDA.

I think we all have expressed our opinions on this matter time and time again. Especially at meets. Now that we have 2 Sponsors and both are in Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County? What's up with this.. we need to get this resolved.

/rant off
Old 06-18-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why was that thread closed?????
Old 06-19-2003, 04:34 AM

I'm gonna back Cindy up on this. The poll clearly showed a majority of better than 80% of us wanting the name changed to South Florida and I've been told "off the record" that it will be changed, its just a matter of time.

Well, maybe its time to go ahead and make the change happen. I had already seen that thread, Cindy, and I had the same thought.

I'd hoped to see the name change quicker, simply because this was a new forum and the sooner the name was changed, the less confusing it would have been.

Its time to do the change, I think.

- Ganthet
Old 06-19-2003, 05:22 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its really out of our hands at this point... Chris and I have done everything possible, from sending cthree several PM's about this issue to me posting an extremely long and comprehensive argument for the name change to South Florida.

Chris and I will keep on fighting, pleading and begging but there's only so much we can do. Sorry but in all honesty, this change does not look like it will ever happen.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said before, I won't give up until it is changed. I'll PM Cthree how many times I need to, to change this name. I was told that it was going to be changed, so it should be changed. I never give up! I told you guys that I will have it change, and that is what I'm going to do. Cthree, if you are seeing this thread, look at everyone who belongs to this forum, they want it changed and your the only one who can change it. Please help us. Guys, it can take from a day to a year, but I'll be fighting till the end to get what is right!

Chris C.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:01 AM

Well...this may have the opposite effect of what I intend, but lets just say that my decision about whether to renew my paid membership will depend greatly upon how much attention is paid to this request.

I think this is a great site and if the name is changed, as the majority of the members have requested, then it will greatly impress me to continue being a paid member because it will show that the site owner(s) listen to the members. That kind of thing is very important to me as a member.

- Ganthet

P.S. This is not intended to be a bribe nor extortion. I'm just saying things like this make a big big difference in how I make decisions.

EDIT: It should be noted that my request to have the spelling of my user name adjusted was honored in a reasonable amount of time, which made me glad that I was a paid member. I appreciate it when I feel that I'm not being ignored
Old 06-19-2003, 06:02 PM

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

This may be a bribe....

I've been using this site for a solid year now, and always procrastinated going through the membership sign up. Change the name and I'll go ahead and pony up the $20.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The name change is done.

Chris C.

*Thank you very much for everyones support, I told you guys that "WE" were going to get this done*