Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: AP2 Headlights w/ Bulbs + Ballasts

Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: AP2 Headlights w/ Bulbs + Ballasts

Name: Robert
Item: Title

Looking for AP2 headlights complete. Please PM me what you have with details. Looking for headlights in overall good shape! Prefer local to socal but will pay for shipping.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 PM

This might help. Good luck

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/4134374922.html
Old 11-19-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by dynimite53

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm still looking, this guy doesn't have the bulbs and the ballasts and is firm on his price.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Imma be honest with you... many people on this forum are cheap as dirt... They will do an AP2 conversion cut the harness and hack the headlight housings rather than pay for the proper parts... I bought my conversion, all oem and it was over 2K almost 3K for the harness bulbs ballast and headlights... It's big $$$ but props to u for not wanting a hack car, I understand it completely...

Moral of the story you will 100% for sure have to buy this in pieces... headlights.. then the bulbs... then the ballasts you'll need the harness from the ballast to the chassis harness to for an AP1 to AP2 complete conversion...
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by F20AP1
Imma be honest with you... many people on this forum are cheap as dirt... They will do an AP2 conversion cut the harness and hack the headlight housings rather than pay for the proper parts... I bought my conversion, all oem and it was over 2K almost 3K for the harness bulbs ballast and headlights... It's big $$$ but props to u for not wanting a hack car, I understand it completely...

Moral of the story you will 100% for sure have to buy this in pieces... headlights.. then the bulbs... then the ballasts you'll need the harness from the ballast to the chassis harness to for an AP1 to AP2 complete conversion...

Hey thanks for the info I'm hoping someone has a complete set but it sounds like I may have to go your route.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F20AP1
Imma be honest with you... many people on this forum are cheap as dirt... They will do an AP2 conversion cut the harness and hack the headlight housings rather than pay for the proper parts... I bought my conversion, all oem and it was over 2K almost 3K for the harness bulbs ballast and headlights... It's big $ but props to u for not wanting a hack car, I understand it completely...

What are you talking about? You don't have to hack anything up. The only issue is the ballast don't bolt on correctly but that is an easy issue to fix. I have had this conversion for over 5 years with no issues at all.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by QuagmireS2k
Originally Posted by F20AP1' timestamp='1384908201' post='22885185
Imma be honest with you... many people on this forum are cheap as dirt... They will do an AP2 conversion cut the harness and hack the headlight housings rather than pay for the proper parts... I bought my conversion, all oem and it was over 2K almost 3K for the harness bulbs ballast and headlights... It's big $ but props to u for not wanting a hack car, I understand it completely...

What are you talking about? You don't have to hack anything up. The only issue is the ballast don't bolt on correctly but that is an easy issue to fix. I have had this conversion for over 5 years with no issues at all.
It's all just personal preference dont take offense here guy, I just don't like the idea of cutting the back of my headlight housing (even just a tiny bit) and then buying a cheap home depot piece of aluminum strip to fix my ballast to the headlight housing... To each their own, I like to keep resale value and have parts fitted to my car properly as if it were (almost) engineered to fit... Weird right? I know, someone who takes the difficult path instead of the cheap one.... Go figure... I was done with that hack crap after I ditched my S13...
Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I would also second that AP2 headlights plug in normally. It is just the AP1 and AP2 Ballast are different.

You do not need to cut anything, it all plugs right in. Honda isnt that ruthless to do something like that.

In order to run a AP2 headlight the OEM way, you will need to use the AP2 ballast so it can mount to the OEM bracket that is located below the headlight. If you want to reuse your AP1 bulbs (Same size D2S) and your AP1 Ballast, then yes, you will need to fabricate something to hold your ballast in place since it will not bolt up to the OEM Location.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 AM

Good info, still looking lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eggo
Good info, still looking lol.
Just purchase a pair of headlights and with the money you save from purchasing ballast get something else. Maybe a nice dinner. I won't comment the other fellow, don't want to start mud slinging in your thread.