Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

SOLD: Spoon flywheel

Old 09-27-2013 | 12:47 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Default SOLD: Spoon flywheel

For sale: Spoon flywheel (used)
First Name: John
Price: 250+shipping firm-ish
Means of Contact: PM please

Description:
This is a Spoon flywheel in excellent condition, used in my car for ~45K miles. Includes the 9 bolts for the clutch cover.

The Spoon FW weighs 4.2kg (~9.25 lbs), compared to the stock AP1 at about 14.5lbs or the stock AP2 at about 22lbs. From a driving perspective, it allows the motor to rev much more freely for easier rev-matching and reduced drivetrain loss. It is made of chromoly steel, so no worries about catastrophic breakage as with cheap aluminum flywheels - this is a "lifetime of the car", OEM-quality part.

This part was in my car for several years, and I loved it. It is both street- and track-friendly. Only selling because I decided to try something new for a while. See pictures and detail description below.

Price: I am asking $250+shipping OBO, not willing to move much from that price. Here's my reasoning:
- Retail on this part is currently $540.
- For a freshly reconditioned 45K part, I figure ~65% retail is a very nice price, so that's $350.
- This one is usable as-is, but it's always a good idea to get new OEM pilot bearing (~$15-20 online), and to resurface the friction area (most shops charge $50-75 for this). So I'd guess no more than $100 to get it back in "near-new" condition.
- Therefore, $250 for the part + $100 to recondition it means that for $350 (or less), you'll have a genuine Spoon flywheel in superb shape, ready to last the rest of your car's life.

OK, pictures!

1: Riddle me this, Batman: When is a spoon like a plate? Answer: When it's a JDM flywheel on the dinner table! LOL
Seriously though, this pic shows the friction surface, which has the usual "mottled" appearance of a used part. However, it's really in nice shape, very smooth to the touch. Ask your shop to *just* barely "kiss" the surface, you want to remove as little material as possible.

2: I cleaned off all the clutch dust for you.

3 and 4: *Very* minor surface wear on some of the teeth, and only on the side where the starter motor engages. Nothing to worry about, I only show it because I want you to be comfortable with what you're getting. These few teeth are actually the worst of them all.

5: No wear at all on the other side, showing the teeth are all still very much structurally sound and in no danger of cracking or breaking.

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-15-2013 | 12:38 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Sold, thanks!