Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

Greddy Turbo Kit AP2

Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Turbo Kit AP2

First Name: Jabbar
Price: (Firm & OBO - See Below)

Hi all,

It's time for me to sell my Greddy Turbo Kit (AP2 for 04/05) and all the associated parts.

Greddy Turbo Kit - $2500 OBO (Has 22k miles, all associated parts included)
Greddy Type RZ BOV - $150 OBO
Greddy ProFec Spec-II Boost Controller - $200 Firm (Black)
A-Pillar Dual-Pod for Gauges - $40 OBO (Matches the interior leather texture, looks OEM)
AEM Wideband UEGO Sensor - $125 FIRM
AEM Boost Gauge - $125 FIRM
Berk High-Flow Cat - $175 FIRM (Custom Welded O2 Sensor Socket for Wideband readings, can plug if you don't need it with a bolt)

All Together (No Exceptions on Separating Parts) - $3100 OBO (Save $215 from listed prices)
I will not sell any individual parts until the main turbo kit is sold. The person who buys the kit will have first dibs on what he/she wants and then I will decide on what I want to get rid of. I will not sell the Emanage or Turbo by themselves, they come as a kit, please do not ask me to part it out.
Also, please note that the kit is installed on my vehicle and will stay there until I have a serious buyer. If you are serious about purchasing the kit, I will ask you deposit on good faith $25. If for some reason I back out of the deal, I will promptly return the $25 plus $20 for wasting your time. I will have Ballade remove the kit the same week and we will make arrangements for delivery to you (Local buyers ONLY, I will NOT ship).

Details:
This is going to be a long post, I apologize before hand. Car was bought with the Greddy Kit installed in August of 2010. I told myself I would enjoy it for one year and then put the car all back to stock and so I'm sticking to the plan. I really really really don't want to, the car sounds fantastic and is extremely fun to drive, but to be honest I don't know enough about owning a turbo car and I don't have the money to keep up with the extra maint that comes with a setup like this. Secondly, I want to own my car for a long time and if you've done your research you know a turbo isn't going to help with longevity. Lastly and most importantly, I just bought a house and I'm not comfortable with my emergency funds. I don't want to get into a position where I'm completely out of money and I have some large purchases coming up. I think it makes sense to put my car back to stock and try for better fuel economy and less maintenance. $130 oil changes are not fun for me as this is my daily driver.

Positives of this sale:
Greddy Kit is Carb Legal here in California. If you check my screenshots you'll see I posted a pic of the smog results with the OEM cat installed. I wouldn't recommend using a good OEM cat on your vehicle all the time for two reasons. You won't have a spot to connect the wideband sensor to monitor A/F readings (unless u get someone to weld an opening for you which is illegal and would negate your carb legality) and more importantly the kit runs very rich. You will burn through your cat in no time in my honest opinion. I could be wrong though, but I liked the Berk Cat.
All the hoses and clamps have been upgraded. There are no leaks what so ever. If you check my older posts you will see that I had an oil leak within a month of owning the vehicle. I took it to Alex at Ballade and he found the leak within a few minutes, it was just a loose fitting. He simply cleaned it up, tightened it, and I haven't had any issues since then (10 months now). All fittings are in excellent shape. I think other people don't mind, but if I was the one buying this kit, I'd definitely call up Greddy and pick up a set of the o-rings for all fittings before isntalling the kit (shouldn't be more than 20-30 bucks). I feel it's better to be safe than sorry. And on that note, I'd also pick up new gaskets.
I've run quality synthetic oil in my car the entire time. The previous owner used Motul-8500 series. I used it for my first oil change and then swapped over to the Motul 300V Racing Synthetic after recommendation from Alex at Ballade. I've been very happy with it and I change my oil every 5-6k miles.
The car has never been to the track. I will admit I thoroughly enjoy fwy on ramps, but I haven't been ridiculously hard on the kit or my car. I'm rarely ever in vtec.
Kit is a great starter turbo setup as described from numerous owners. Greddy has said that it produces roughly 300hp and the previous owner alleged to get a little over 300 hp. I however don't believe it produces that much right now, see below for my comments.

Negatives of this sale:
The exhaust manifold is the third exhaust manifold and is cracked. The manifold was brand new when I got the car 16,000 miles ago and it cracked within 2-3 months. If I had been the original owner I could have warranteed it through Greddy, but since I'm not, I'm shit out of luck. Price was quoted around $300 to remove, weld, and re-install, but I figured I'm selling the kit, most of the cost is in the dis-assembly and reassembly; it'd make sense for the next owner to handle this in whatever way he/she sees fit. If you see the pics the white crap on the manifold is a very failed attempt at using jbweld.
The turbo has a high pitch noise on occasion. It doesn't go up or down in relation to throttle, it's just kind of there and has always been. I'm slightly worried about it and if the turbo doesn't look good when it comes off the sale will be canceled and I will reassess what I want to do. I will have the kit inspected by Ballade and will post their opinion once the kit is removed. I'd highly recommend you do the install with Ballade as it would make the removal/install extremely simple for all parties and I'm sure you'd get a great price through them. Also, Alex will give us both his honest opinion and you can then feel more comfortable about the quality of parts that you buy from me. I will not sell a junky kit for the price I listed here, I want to be a part of the s2ki community for a long time and this wouldn't be worth pissing off fellow s2kers.
The turbo has roughly 22,000 miles on it. Regardless of the quality of the inspection once removed, I believe Greddy will charge a couple hundred to service a turbo if no major parts need to be replaced. I'd HIGHLY recommend this before you go through the install and then a year from now something goes wrong.
The EManage sucks. The car will turn off randomly when I put the clutch in and rpm drops below 1k. This is a common issue with Greddy kits and some of us have been discussing it in the turbo forums for quite some time. Ballade recommended a new TPS and we tried 2. The brand new one has helped tremendously. Maybe the Emanage is a lot more picky than the OEM ECU? I'm not sure. This is just something you need to keep in mind as it's extremely annoying. I got used to it and you sort of feel when it's going to happen so I feather the throttle when coming to a stop, but if I did this all over again and wanted to stick with the kit, I'd go with the AEM Stand-alone.
No one wants to program the Emanage. The kit was tuned by HB Speed in Huntington Beach and they did an amazing job. The car runs extremely smooth for the most part, but I hear wonder stories from those who went to the AEM. I called quite a few tuning shops and no one wants to program the Emanage cause it's so damn annoying. An option is to keep the Emanage the way it is so that you can easily smog anytime you need, but run the AEM at other times. Up to you, of course there are legality issues with that.

Words of Advice:
I love my car and the kit, but there was plenty I didn't know when I got it. You need to budget for extras. If you think you're going to buy a kit for $3000 and that will be the end of it, you're delusional. Budget an extra 1k to 2k for the tuning and any other issues you might think of. Keep in mind the OEM clutch is probably not going to do too well with this kit, you'll need to upgrade eventually. I'd HIGHLY recommend servicing all parts before install. Don't go cheap if you're going to put a 2-3k part on your car. You might as well spend a little more and get things right the first time, you'll be much happier as will your engine. Don't go cheap on the oil. The 300V oil runs me around $130 for each oil change but I'd rather spend that money and be comfortable with the condition of my engine and turbo than risk it just to save 60 bucks. The exhaust manifold WILL crack, you need to make a decision on whether you want to go with another Greddy manifold (which will inevitably crack as MANY greddy owners have stated) or go with a custom fab one with extra support or you're going to take it off each time and just reweld it.

Please message should you have any questions. I hope whoever ends up with the kit is extremely happy =). Gl hf

[attachment=10856:IMG_2394.JPG]

Full Pics Found At:
https://picasaweb.google.com/jabbara...eat=directlink

Or you can search my gallery here on s2ki or facebook if you have me added.
Attached Thumbnails Greddy Turbo Kit AP2-img_2394.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW......
I'm glad I stayed away from turbocharging my ap1
Fun but high maintenance.... (so I've heard from my evo friend)
glws, I would suggest contacting art from RoadRace Engineering
He's actually knowledgable with turbo vehicles and he also has a turbocharged s2000.
Most of those guys at RRE know there sh*t
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie562
WOW......
He's actually knowledgable with turbo vehicles and he also has a turbocharged s2000.
Yea, extremely fun =)

I'm not sure how much better gas mileage I'll get. The biggest issue with fuel economy for me has been driving top down vs top up. When top is up I get around 200 miles to the tank with my turbo (moderate driving style).

And for the expenses, anyone who has done their research should know about all of those things. I didn't when I bought my car and found out later. I don't regret it, it's been an amazing year and it continues to turn heads and get thumbs up. =)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by jabbarahm
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie562' timestamp='1318834434' post='21076012
WOW......
Yea, extremely fun =)

I'm not sure how much better gas mileage I'll get. The biggest issue with fuel economy for me has been driving top down vs top up. When top is up I get around 200 miles to the tank with my turbo (moderate driving style).

And for the expenses, anyone who has done their research should know about all of those things. I didn't when I bought my car and found out later. I don't regret it, it's been an amazing year and it continues to turn heads and get thumbs up. =)
At least you're honest For that
I get about 17mpg with stock motor and stock exhaust. I always use cheveron
but yeah talk to art, sempire ithink thats his s2ki sn
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Bump for one of the most detailed FS thread.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by wisdom
Bump for one of the most detailed FS thread.

ty, btw I just realized I left out 2 things.

1) The hp doesn't feel like 300 hp to me but then again I've never sat in a car that has 300 hp. On my last set of tires I'd spin the tires in 1st and 2nd, but since I got these new sets they never spin unless I'm dropping the clutch (which I've done twice ever just to see how it feels, but I'm too scared of ruining a good dif so I don't do this normally).

2) The car doesn't die all that often. I have it happen once or twice a month, it actually has been running really well lately. I'm GUESSING that it's the moderate weather we've been having, but please don't quote me on that. I find that when I let the car warm up properly, it doesn't have any issues which I have a good habit of doing anyways.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cant go wrong with an honest seller with a detailed post. GLWS
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GLWS, when you coming out to another meet? I think I've only seen you there once
Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by skylinrcr01
GLWS, when you coming out to another meet? I think I've only seen you there once
Ty for the bumps everyone. Skyline =) Yea I haven't had any time seriously. I'm actually in Texas right now for work, I'll be back in OC this afternoon. Work is killing me lately, but hey I like it.

^bump^ If I can't sell the kit by sometime next month it will come off and be inspected. Price will move accordingly.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Im interest

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit AP2