Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Advan Wheels - : 17x9.5" RGII and 17x9" RCII - Brand New, never installed. CHEAP PRICE!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

17x9.5" Advan RCII - 5x114.3 +35mm offset Silver SOLD.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM

All PM's answered!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM

17x9" RCII Pearl White - pending sale.

Continue to PM if you are interested.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice RCII, wonder hiw they would look on my FA5
Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by k24jose
nice RCII, wonder hiw they would look on my FA5
Thank you. =) There is only one way to find out how they'll look on your car.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that with what you're saying and I'm not saying your wrong...just trying to think logically...is that with different offsets you'll get more or less thread engagement on the lug nuts basically dependent on offset. That would make me think really low offset wheels barely engage the lugs while high offset wheels get plenty. I have a hard time believing that's how it goes down.

do you have any more up close detailed pics of the pad on the silver 9 +35. I had a set in my possession a year or two ago but can't recall for the life of me how they were.
I missed your post until now. Sorry for overlooking it.

You're missing one thing: the fact that the lug journals are drilled after the wheels are cast and the back pad is machined. So you can have a wheel with a low offset / high pad, and the same wheel with a high offset / low pad, and you will still get the same amount of wheel stud / lug nut thread engagement, because the lug journals / lug nut seat will be drilled to a predetermined, safe depth. It is due to this that I say these wheels (and most wheels) can safely be machined no more than 4mm off the back pad. If you machine more than 4mm you will be intruding on the lug nut seating area on the wheel. Machining >/= 4mm and you can still safely install the wheels and have full lug / stud engagement.

This is a separate discussion, and I don't want to distract too much the people who are interested in buying the wheels I am selling. Overall, there are many people using 17x9" +35mm offset wheels on S2000s. I just wanted to mention that I can help a potential buyer who wants a little bit higher offset (up to a +39mm), by pointing them in the direction of a machine shop that specializes in machining wheels' back pads. If you have more questions about offset, machining, lug nuts, etc. feel free to PM me any time, and I will try to help you with your questions. I have got a lot of information from this forum about things I didn't know, and I'd love to help out on the things I do know.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:46 PM

*UPDATE*

The 17x9" +35mm pearl white are all but sold at this point, which leaves just the 17x9" +35mm silver metallic available. If for some reason the pearl white sale doesn't go through I will post an update, but I promised the buyer I would hold the wheels until Friday.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DRFlickner
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1327527017' post='21352329
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that with what you're saying and I'm not saying your wrong...just trying to think logically...is that with different offsets you'll get more or less thread engagement on the lug nuts basically dependent on offset. That would make me think really low offset wheels barely engage the lugs while high offset wheels get plenty. I have a hard time believing that's how it goes down.

do you have any more up close detailed pics of the pad on the silver 9 +35. I had a set in my possession a year or two ago but can't recall for the life of me how they were.
I missed your post until now. Sorry for overlooking it.

You're missing one thing: the fact that the lug journals are drilled after the wheels are cast and the back pad is machined. So you can have a wheel with a low offset / high pad, and the same wheel with a high offset / low pad, and you will still get the same amount of wheel stud / lug nut thread engagement, because the lug journals / lug nut seat will be drilled to a predetermined, safe depth. It is due to this that I say these wheels (and most wheels) can safely be machined no more than 4mm off the back pad. If you machine more than 4mm you will be intruding on the lug nut seating area on the wheel. Machining >/= 4mm and you can still safely install the wheels and have full lug / stud engagement.

This is a separate discussion, and I don't want to distract too much the people who are interested in buying the wheels I am selling. Overall, there are many people using 17x9" +35mm offset wheels on S2000s. I just wanted to mention that I can help a potential buyer who wants a little bit higher offset (up to a +39mm), by pointing them in the direction of a machine shop that specializes in machining wheels' back pads. If you have more questions about offset, machining, lug nuts, etc. feel free to PM me any time, and I will try to help you with your questions. I have got a lot of information from this forum about things I didn't know, and I'd love to help out on the things I do know.

Thanks for the info. That does make sense what you're saying.

This is actually my old s2000 with the same 9 +35 on it. I bought them from a Subaru guy that has 245/45s on them which is a tire far too tall for the s2000 so they rubbed all over the place. Just based on the style of the wheel I has always wished they sat a little more in the fenders. It's such an awesome wheel though

Old 02-15-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Thanks for the info. That does make sense what you're saying.

This is actually my old s2000 with the same 9 +35 on it. I bought them from a Subaru guy that has 245/45s on them which is a tire far too tall for the s2000 so they rubbed all over the place. Just based on the style of the wheel I has always wished they sat a little more in the fenders. It's such an awesome wheel though

You're welcome. Yes, 245/45/17 is pretty tall for our cars. 245/40/17 would have fit much better. Those wheels look really good on your car.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for you man, i cant wait to get the wheels

Quick Reply: FS: Advan Wheels - : 17x9.5" RGII and 17x9" RCII - Brand New, never installed. CHEAP PRICE!