Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Unable to PM guest's

Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unable to PM guest's

does anyone else have this issue?

i have tried to PM several guest's and it says they cannot recieve any new messages despite them recently clearing their old pm's
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Their pm capacity is limited and likely full.

These people will have to delete some pm's to make room.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Interesting. i guess when i was told one member cleaned out his pm's he didnt get enough.

Thank you

ps, when is Vancouver section going to get a CO?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guests tend to come and go. Limiting PM capacity prevents the database from filling with millions of PMs that will never be read and is necessary to maintain sanity in the database. Members are going to be around for at least a year so we set the limits higher than any normal person would ever reach assuming they will be read. If not, their PM space will overflow when their membership expires and prevent accumulating any more.

Guests will need to make sure they maintain their PM space by either removing or archiving messages quickly. Members who opt not to renew and become Guests will need to clear out their PM space also before they are able to send and receive messages again. Guests who are over-limit on their PM space risk having their excess message space purged of anything over 60 days old. We feel this is ample time to clear-out or archive excess PMs from their message space.

PM space includes all messages, not just those in the inbox, which includes copies of sent messages and messages filed in message folders.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:01 PM

thats what a i figured, that they only deleted their inbox, and not the other folders.

thank you cthree