Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Tapatalk for Android

Old 11-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tapatalk for Android

Anybody else having problems connecting to this forum using this app? It also says there is a missing table for notifications It seems to be a problem with the site. Any idea on fixes.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump. I would like to be able to visit this site using that app too!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

So, I did some followp-up and some news for Tapatalk users.

S2KI Will Be Removing Tapatalk Access

The Forum will be removing access from the Tapatalk application at the end of the week and instead focusing efforts on the mobile application platform that you can download below.

Why?
Tapatalk has made some changes to insert code into the forum page headers which causes the page to be indexed in Google as both S2KI content and as Tapatalk's app content. There have also been recent issues with the Tapatalk app sending emails to our members without an opt-in and we want to avoid further issues and protect our users' content and information.

When?
On November 14th the site will no longer be listed in the Tapatalk application and those users still on the platform will need to download the current supported application (listed below).

Where Do I Get the Supported App?
You can download the official supported application for S2KI, the IB Automotive Group app, here:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ib-a...620886919?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...autocomm&hl=en
Old 11-12-2014, 11:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
So, I did some followp-up and some news for Tapatalk users.

S2KI Will Be Removing Tapatalk Access

The Forum will be removing access from the Tapatalk application at the end of the week and instead focusing efforts on the mobile application platform that you can download below.

Why?
Tapatalk has made some changes to insert code into the forum page headers which causes the page to be indexed in Google as both S2KI content and as Tapatalk's app content. There have also been recent issues with the Tapatalk app sending emails to our members without an opt-in and we want to avoid further issues and protect our users' content and information.

When?
On November 14th the site will no longer be listed in the Tapatalk application and those users still on the platform will need to download the current supported application (listed below).

Where Do I Get the Supported App?
You can download the official supported application for S2KI, the IB Automotive Group app, here:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ib-a...620886919?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...autocomm&hl=en
Well that's unfortunate, it looks like I won't be browsing s2ki on mobile anymore then. IBAuto's app is really clunky and annoying to use in comparison to Tapatalk. I'm not surprised that you guys are removing Tapatalk access though seeing as how IBAuto owns S2ki... Less competition I guess.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

IBAuto needs to really step up and hire someone to update the app. It's now crashing very often. At the very minimum... I'm on another forum that uses Tapatalk and they constantly improve the UX on the app.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by manystyles
IBAuto needs to really step up and hire someone to update the app. It's now crashing very often. At the very minimum... I'm on another forum that uses Tapatalk and they constantly improve the UX on the app.

Take a look at Garage Talk sometime. It's an amazing app. Unfortunately, the original s2ki was created on a db that is outdated compared to other IB forums and as a result, isn't compatible with the Garage Talk app..

for now

More to come, hopefully sooner than later.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

The app is hardly usable on the latest version of iOS. The app freezes and crashes often.

On the flip side, Tapatalk is CONSTANTLY updating their app and it works pretty damn good.