Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

State of S2KI Update

Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see an S2KI group hug coming up. Thanks for the status update, we are always here to help each other out.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the clarification, I just wasn't entirely sure from the first message. Certainly performance is a priority, completely understandable. I'm glad to hear all of this, makes me much more comfortable about the site.

Well, all of that being said... I'm excited for the changes to come. Good luck with implementing the new hardware/software changes. Hopefully it will be easier than it's been so far.

Ted

Originally Posted by cthree
Originally Posted by Ted H' timestamp='1300930506' post='20391108
cthree-

Thank you for the update. This is all people really wanted: to see the "battle plan." Particularly those of us who have tried to stick around despite our concerns.

All of that sounded great, makes me excited for the new website. The only point of concern I have--or perhaps elaboration--is your note about MyS2k. I think that was the single best feature about the old S2ki. It would be very detrimental not to bring it back. I know it was your home page too, but don't underestimate how valuable that page has been at keeping people around. It's what kept most of us leaving the window up in the background, just to occasionally refresh that page.

Regardless of the speed (which has improved), I don't look all that often any more merely because the my content section, or the main site form, is just more information than I want to see, and not enough of that right information. If you hacked the old one in, do it again, because that was what really enabled people to be so active in discussions. You made a better interface than the software creators.

Hopefully this metaphor works for you: It's like a combination of the Nav/Layers panel in Photoshop. Sure you could tool around without them, but once you've had that sort of Navigation ability, who wants to go back?

Ted
I have every intention of doing so, all I mean to say is I don't know exactly what form it will take. It has to work with the new site layout AND it has to work with the new features which aren't just topics anymore. I'm fully aware of how important it is and how useful an at a glance, this is what I'm interested in and this is what is going on with it page is.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying on it. I need to get the performance issue addressed first because it hinders my ability to work on things like MyS2K as much as it hinders everyone's ability to read and browse without becoming bored and impatient. I'm making good progress there, much more this coming week when the new hardware comes in and I can get it online. I might even get a chance to start on it if I can get some significant gains on the performance side and relieve some pressure there.

Your keen interest in making it a high priority is noted and matters.Thanks
Old 03-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Banned

quick to cover the "owners" aren't we...

Old 03-24-2011, 04:44 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

thanks for the update, most of my bitchin' was because there was no update and many people assumed that this was it and nobody cared... it would be nice to direct people to this thread from the main page, i found it through Hondagal who posted in off topic. forums are hard to find with this temp board, once she told me where it was i still had to look for a few minutes... good luck and thanks for the hard work.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Banned

so, either you don't display my in red btches "-3" or you show HondacrGals "-7"... that would be fair... no???...

Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jez Peter I'm not sure I know what you are saying anymore. Maybe get some sleep or something?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PeterBinSDs2k
like i said before (but it got "deleted")... with the bags of cash this place rakes in you should have spent the money and left the "upgrade" to professionals!!!... the unprofessionalizm, so far, has shown through the whole time this "upgrade" has been going on and off and on and off and stuff...

I have, as much, or perhaps more than others complained about the change. (I'm an old guy ). But I have to disagree. Were mistakes made, sure. But I do not define a professional as someone who would not make a mistake. I define him as someone who acknowledges the mistakes, and does something about them. C3 has aknowledged the problems and is proceeding with a solution. That makes him more professional than many of the "professional" people I have worked with over the years. And he doesn't have to bend ass end over tea cups to kiss my butt to prove it. Having read his explaination of the work completed, planned and underway. I am much releaved about the future. Time, of course will tell.

Now - at this point I would post up a motivational poster of a skulling crew rowing for all there worth with this caption "Your not paid to beleave in the power of your dreams, GET TO WORK" C3, Hondagal, Aquila, others - sorry for all the grief!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM

How long will the site be down for?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Threads like this make me proud to be a paying member. But boy was it dicey there immediately post upgrade.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Can't seem to find my s2ki email today. I know you're covering all the gripes/complaints, so I'll go sit in the corner patiently.

Quick Reply: State of S2KI Update