Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Search?...how About *advanced* Search?

Old 07-13-2004, 07:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Search?...how About *advanced* Search?

I realize there cannot be updated versions without a give-n-take. But its unfortunate to witness that one feature in the prior versions now seems to be quite gone in V4 . Advanced Search. Me?...I used this religiously. What a great, quick way to find a thread that someone else posted sometime back. I could remember as little as a keyword, a poster within the thread, and the forum I remember it being in. Didn't matter if it was years back...I could use that search feature to drill down and quickly drag up a thread/post that had been mentioned waaaay back, etc.

Advanced Search...

[Sure hope this feature is only temporarily suspended while things are being ironed out!]

- Dave
Old 07-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

uhh, click the button that says more options.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:44 PM

uhh, I'm retarded I guess. Please hold my hand and point me to the area that says "more options." As you can tell from my initial post, I am honestly interested in this feature...and will be very grateful for some additional direction.

Thanks in advance...and thanks for the quick reply Krazik

- Dave

PS. Semi-off-topic == phonetically, how does one "say" your screen name? A few of us were having dinner together the other evening and some were suggesting it is read sounding like "Crazy K"... I'd always just assumed reading it sounds like Kraaazzik. So what's the right way?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

both are correct. heh search yeilded https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=42600&st=0

We could make advance search to come up when you click search.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by w1ngman,Jul 13 2004, 09:44 PM
uhh, I'm retarded I guess. Please hold my hand and point me to the area that says "more options." As you can tell from my initial post, I am honestly interested in this feature...and will be very grateful for some additional direction.

Thanks in advance...and thanks for the quick reply Krazik

- Dave

PS. Semi-off-topic == phonetically, how does one "say" your screen name? A few of us were having dinner together the other evening and some were suggesting it is read sounding like "Crazy K"... I'd always just assumed reading it sounds like Kraaazzik. So what's the right way?
Click the search button in the blue menu bar at the top of the page, instead of using the search box on the page. The search box will just do a basic search but if you click the Search button you'll see the more options button Krazik mentioned.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:47 AM

Woo-Hoo! Advanced Search features are retained with V4!!!

Much thanks!!!

- Dave
Old 07-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I must admit i didnt spot that either - I was looking over at the search box to right - perhaps a button near this would help? Plus you cannot specify dates, or users.

It's not what I would define as "Advanced" more like search and specify which forum you want to search in
Old 07-14-2004, 08:07 AM

No..no...Aquila. It *is* quite Advanced. Just like I was pointed to, you need to click "Search" from the tab offered across the top-ish banner of tabs. Then once in that window, click the button that says "More Options" and...presto-bango...you have quite a tasty array of Advanced search criteria at your fingertips.