Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Sad that paying members cannot link..

Old 07-29-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Sad that paying members cannot link..

It is kind of sad that someone who has been a paying member for 4 years cannot have a link to his "profile site" in his sig, but if a guest has a link to his MySpace account it's ok Why? Because their content only says "yo I'm mad jdm, i like to race other idiots to yo, and like i like cars & chicks yo". If you have a link to your profile which describes what you do for a living, and the site that the link goes to is in NO WAY RELATED to my company then it's NOT OK because it's professional? sorry but I really need to vent here, I've never complained about anything on here even when the site was having major issues I still paid my memebership dues without hesitation. I know the admin couldn't care, but I do so I thought I would share my views with any new prospective members. Maybe the Admin can consider allowing certain things like this for those of us who opt to pay the 250% price of a regular membership (gold memberships).

....and why does Hardtopguys link keep getting removed also? I thought he was a board sponsor?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So I guess we will soon be both removed Timmy
Old 07-29-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with ya, T-diddy.

Just show me where to sign the petition.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Popeye,Jul 29 2006, 12:16 PM
So I guess we will soon be both removed Timmy
I don't think it needs to come to that, just venting to any open ears in the admin dpt
Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Jul 29 2006, 12:18 PM
I'm with ya, T-diddy.

Just show me where to sign the petition.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not like we are making money off these folks. We are sharing with our club members shops or dealerships that have taken car of us numerous times over the years. I don't get it.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROGUE3308,Jul 29 2006, 11:54 AM
It's not like we are making money off these folks. We are sharing with our club members shops or dealerships that have taken car of us numerous times over the years. I don't get it.

That's one of the reasons why I appreciated this board - the sharing of knowledge and experiences with other board members. So I guess we cannot share or promote a commercial establishment, unless we first check to see if by some small chance said commercial establishment is a board sponser?

Lets face it, as consumers we have a difficult time dealing with corporate America, especially in the automotive industry. If someone wants to post how they had a good experience with ABC dealership then I want to know about it!

Additionally, I've never really cared for the Volvo lease ads that are inserted onto every single of the thousands of pages on the board. And you happen to mention the word "soccer" in a thread and a bunch of soccer links appear out of no where.

I don't get it either.

Dave
Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what you are talking about so my suggestion is that if there something you want to talk about with me or Shelley then simply say it. I get the jist of what you are saying but it's a holiday snap wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

As it is I cannot tell if you want me to actually do anything or respond or if you are simply content to suck it up with no more than a mild dramatic protest. You know very well who you need to talk to and you know you can anytime you want so I have to conclude you care only enough to shoot back a quip but not enough to actually express a real concern in plain language directly to someone who makes decisions about such things.

You know how to reach me and hondagal should you like to discuss something specific.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cthree,Jul 29 2006, 03:56 PM
I don't know what you are talking about so my suggestion is that if there something you want to talk about with me or Shelley then simply say it. I get the jist of what you are saying but it's a holiday snap wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

As it is I cannot tell if you want me to actually do anything or respond or if you are simply content to suck it up with no more than a mild dramatic protest. You know very well who you need to talk to and you know you can anytime you want so I have to conclude you care only enough to shoot back a quip but not enough to actually express a real concern in plain language directly to someone who makes decisions about such things.

You know how to reach me and hondagal should you like to discuss something specific.
This post is in regards to this one https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=408335 which you have addressed.

I have not seen the link to content in question. The link was obviously removed by another admin, and they know the rules sometimes better than I do, I assume it was cut and dried that there was commercial content. The commercial content rule is also in this second link as noted by Aquilaeagle. So, that's all I know!