Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Really Frustrating Site Access Problems - Anyone else similar?

Old 11-27-2002, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm finding that the bulk of clicks to access S2ki* do not work (IOW it takes ages and then I get a 'page not found' error)

Also, I'm finding that clicks on items on the board, once I'm in, often don't react and I have to close down IE come in again and try again

Sometimes it works fine and then, for no apparent reason, it will just refuse to work again.

It's got REALLY bad lately

Before I go running off to cthree with this issue, is it just me, or are others finding problems in this regard?

Pete

*Just to explain, I have a local "home page" with various clickable links on it, one of which is this forum
Old 11-27-2002, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup Pete, me too.

I find that every day around 3pm to 5pm I cannot access the site, I click the URL and like you say the browser takes a long time to load and then I get an error.

I have however taken this as something of a godsend as otherwise I would never finish my work for the day (the site is far too much of a temptation! )

Otherwise everything is cool - keep up the good work Pete.

R.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:31 AM

I've had problems where the site is down. Not so much this week but last week was pretty bad. It got to the point that I was wondering if work had blocked access...

No problems this week though.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:34 AM

I had it happeningthis morning, just for 10 mins or so - twice.

A couple of days ago I did a long reply about tyres, hit 'submit' and after an age, got a 404 error and lost the whole fricking post!
Old 11-27-2002, 01:40 AM

Ditto to all the above Pete. I haven't been able to get on the board most afternoons for the past three days.....
Old 11-27-2002, 01:43 AM

Me too.

Have been getting this at work on a very big pipe and at home on a modem connection.

Sorry about he post PWE. have learnt from experience on that issuse, i always high light and control C before posting just incase.

Old 11-27-2002, 01:50 AM

I had major problems registering on Monday and yesterday morning.

It would register me but wouldn't send my authorisation email, so I couldn't post on the forums.

Had to re-register under another name yesteday.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:55 AM

I've never known the site down so much as it has been lately. I couldn't get on earlier today.

I have noticed access and responses being very very slow for some time during early evenings. Usually when this is the case we have 400+ people browsing the board. I suppose in the UK too everyone and his brother have come in from work and are getting on line, so I suppose it's an overall bandwidth problem, but I'm no 'techy' so I'm guessing.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:04 AM

Thank goodness its not just me. Happens mostly in the afternoons around 3pm ish usually until i go home. I thought it was my boss jinz'in it (yes there is such a word ) so i'd get some work done.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:11 AM

Ok, it's obviously widespread. I'll ask cthree what's happening

Quick Reply: Really Frustrating Site Access Problems - Anyone else similar?