Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

New search format: who else hates it?

Old 07-11-2002, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just clicked on the advanced search button and it finally worls! the only problem is that the format sucks major ass, you cant choose if you want to search in the title of the thread or the entire thread itself, you cant search in an individual forum or group of forums, and the format in which the threads are shown after you have searched really blow.

now the admins/moderators have all of my respect for working hard on it, and im sure they did. but i hate it when the admins of any forum take something that it perfectly fine the way it is, and screw it up. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

why did they take down the search function anyway?

so yes...a big two for the new search format. i hope they change it back the older style, or fix it somehow.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:15 PM

I agree. I was just trying to look up some of the recent posts from a friend of mine by using his login name but since I didn't put anything in the subject section, it would not search for his posts.

Kirk
Old 07-12-2002, 12:25 AM

anyone else think the new search sucks?
Old 07-12-2002, 12:40 AM

It's not that bad, but I to am a bit biased about it. The older one was better.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by The Captain
I agree. I was just trying to look up some of the recent posts from a friend of mine by using his login name but since I didn't put anything in the subject section, it would not search for his posts.

Kirk

Both the search and advance functions blow!

Doesn't seem to work AT ALL!

Peter
Old 07-12-2002, 03:07 AM

Trying to find a topic based on a "words in title" search is useless. To me, if I am trying to find out about PRM intakes, chances are the best way to go about it is to search for anything that says PRM in a thread TITLE. Having originated several threads KNOWING full well I put PRM in the thread title, I used these parameters and it returned NOTHING I had originated, thus preventing loads of useful information getting to the seeker. What is the point of a search engine that cannot do such a simple find? This new engine works like a submarine with screen doors. Wretched. What gives?
Old 07-12-2002, 03:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did prefer the old interface but I would adjust if it worked. I have been nothing but frustrated trying to find threads I know I have seen with this tool.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:29 AM

Moving to Site Info. It will get better results there, 'specially since it has nothing to do with S2000 Talk. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:11 AM

yeh i like the old one better
Old 07-12-2002, 06:59 AM

I'm think that maybe the site admins have not finished getting the new search fully operational yet but at least its working again. However it seems like no matter what I search for, it doesn't find any posts newer than July 2001. Anyone else have it find posts newer than that?

Quick Reply: New search format: who else hates it?