Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

'Non-members' have earlier been excluded from seeing the Politics Subform in Vintage. The question has come up, whether that is still the case, or are the Politics Forums now open to anyone?

Last edited by S1997; 10-26-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-26-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Can't log in from iphone. Parse error???? No options available.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it has been mentioned previously, but status updates?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.60trim
Gone.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf...ideas-1165161/
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Thank you for the continuing feedback and bug reports. Here are some status updates on the larger issues:

User Titles - They're back, but currently only in text form. You can now see who's a vendor, a member a moderator, etc. We'll also be bringing back each group's corresponding badge images soon.

Avatars - We're actively working on a fix for the avatar sizes and should have all of them at a max width of 150 pixels shortly.

Signatures - vBulletin unfortunately does not currently offer a way to limit signatures to just once per user per thread page, but we'll build that in based on your requests. Separately, we've also fixed an issue with images not properly displaying in some signatures for some users.

Forced Logouts - By default, vBulletin would log you out if you remained inactive for 15 minutes. Based on your requests, we've raised the time to 60 minutes.

Ads - The additional ads you saw in the right rail were unintentional and have been turned back off. Gold Members will also no longer see third-party ads on both the desktop and mobile sites.

Missing Posts - The good news is no posts are actually missing. They're all in our database, they just weren't displaying correctly. Our tech team is currently running some scripts to enable their visibility again. Most should already be back, but if you still don't see them, please try clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, let us know.

Private Messages - We've increased the maximum number of stored messages for all our vendors to 50,000. For regular users, the number of PMs is still dependent on whether you're a regular user or premium member. We hear you about the conversation view. For the time being, you can browse messages you've received versus those you've sent by using clicking the small down arrow to the right of "Private Messages in Folder: Inbox" in your PM box.

Stars - While we can't perfectly replicate the stars that indicated how long each of you have been registered on S2KI, we're planning to implement alternative milestone markers like special profile badges.

We're also looking at a few of your more specific issues:

Originally Posted by arsenal
Can you make the user tagging a shortcut key in the ribbon, like Bold, Attachments etc. rather than having to memorize the code like posting a picture on myspace?

What's the MyContent replacement?/
We plan to add a proper button for user tagging in a future update. Stay tuned!
You can now find your content by clicking your username in the top-right corner of the site and selecting "My Posts" from the drop-down menu.

Originally Posted by gav86
I didn't get any "pop up virus" messages on the previous message board, but when I first logged in this morning after the upgrade I was inundated with pop up virus messages to the extent I had to restart my phone and run virus checkers etc to ensure nothing adverse had happened to my phone... Not best pleased at the moment....
This is likely caused by a bad ad served by one of our ad partners. Please let me know if you're on an iOS or Android device, as well as whether you had any other tabs open in your phone browser besides S2KI at the time. Also, if you happen to see the message a second time, please try to grab a screenshot and send it my way. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mcrossley
Anyone else seeing this when you edit your profile details...?

I suddenly lost 30 odd years!
As much as I'd love for S2KI be the fountain of youth for everyone, this has now been fixed.

Originally Posted by FurY
It may have been mentioned already, but what happened to the drop down box at the bottom of each thread/sub forum that allowed you to quick jump to other sub forums on the site? That was a very handy way to navigate around without having to go back to the main forum first and then scrolling down to the sub forum and clicking. I would love to see this added back please!
It's not quite the same, but if you hit "Top" on the right side of the site footer and then hover your mouse over the "Forums" menu option under the S2KI logo, you can access a similar breakdown of every forum and sub-forum.

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Two more things - I used to see my subscribed forums on the right side of the page (below the chat area) so I could just click there to transfer from one to another. Was very convenient. Now gone and I have to go to the forums page. Also, I did like the ability to see at the bottom of a page who was logged on to a topic/forum. That's gone, too. Any chance to get either/both back?
The view of who's looking at a specific topic/forum is now live again. Regarding the subscribed forums list, you can access a similar style list at all your subscribed threads halfway down your User CP's main page.

Originally Posted by WhrDLMI
Trying to figure out how to add an image to an existing or new album. I assumed there would be a link or something to guide me through the process in the album options. Perhaps under edit album? I do not know if this constitutes a bug or just some random setting that I am missing.

Help?

There should be a text "Upload Picture" link on the left side of the page, both above and below the box that contains your album's photos. If you don't see the link, please let me know.

Originally Posted by kryptonite
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." Any way we can remove this requirement? Sometimes I just want to throw in an emoticon to react to a message or say "awesome"
Good catch! We've dropped the minimum character requirement down to 2.

Originally Posted by snitm
BUG: Inserting links (via the "Link" icon) is resulting in bogus links, e.g. what should be: Ross Machine Racing 90mm throttle body

Is getting linked as: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/"http://www.rossmachineracing.com/throttlebody90mm.html"
This bug stems from using quotation marks within the URL BBCode. There's currently a known issue in which our post editor automatically changes those quotation marks into """, which breaks the URLs. We have a fix in the works to fully resolve this issue, but in the meantime, avoiding the use of quotation marks prevents the problem.

Originally Posted by S1997
'Non-members' have earlier been excluded from seeing the Politics Subform in Vintage. The question has come up, whether that is still the case, or are the Politics Forums now open to anyone?
Sorry, that was an oversight on our part. It should be fixed now!

Originally Posted by Lainey
Can't log in from iphone. Parse error???? No options available.
Please let me know if you're using Garage Talk or our older IB AutoGroup app when you see this error.

Originally Posted by Mr.60trim
We unfortunately couldn't bring them over as vBulletin doesn't offer an equivalent. Please see this thread for more details.
The following users liked this post:
WhrDLMI (10-27-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

i am still unable to receive pm's even after clearing out my inbox.

can someone help me out on this?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
i am still unable to receive pm's even after clearing out my inbox.

can someone help me out on this?
there is a new setting in the user profile that only allows PM's from your contacts, it seems to be enabled by default.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

1. All my previous thread subscriptions keep sending me emails even after I've marked them to be "No email notification" Do I have to unsubscribe, and then resubscribe for it to apply?
2. System keeps logging me out after 30 minutes or so
3. Doesn't look like my membership status is showing up right now. I just re-purchased my membership for the year. Edit: I see my member status now but I lost my "Spotter" status!
4. What are the current member benefits. I see all my pages riddled with ads, and assuming my membership status is yet to be enabled, does everyone now get unlimited messages for their inbox etc?
5. The IB app for s2ki doesn't seem to be working anymore. Keep getting a parse error. Are we retiring this or is it still in the works?
6. General spacing across the site is off. Lines don't match up. For example where the drop down "Rate Thread" ends is a few mm's to the right of the first thread box
7. Like others have mentioned avatars are not being resized to fit a standard size but rather taking up the whole page
8. Sort of a unique problem to The Corner sub-forum but we used to use the 50 posts to a page function to mark 's . Would be nice to enable that function again rather than limiting to 40 posts per page

Last edited by kryptonite; 10-26-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts
Default First new post

First new post box ahead of the thread subject does not work for me. Always takes me back to the thread "very first" post; not the latest.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts
Default Everything is too oversized

When looking at posts on my iMac it all way too big . . . might be fine on a phone with a 2" screen but on a 27" screen everything is way too large!

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread