Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

I renewed the day before my membership was due to expire (Jan 4). It did not take effect, although the charge showed up right away. Can't PM since I'm now a Registered User. Help!!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi there new member from the UK. Yesterday just paid for membership, do you know how long it takes to activate?
Many thanks
Old 01-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This site will not let me post a thread and I'm not sure why. The site does not give me a clear reason or direction on why or how to post.
i click on post new topic and it says I do not have full permission.
What is going on with this inconvenience?
Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Ok, so early on in the new Garage Talk app I followed the instructions to reverse order the way posts show in threads. It wasn't difficult.

But its drivimg me crazy looking at threads this way. Is this resolved yet? Can I switch back to new posts at the bottom?

If so, how??? I found the instructions I followed before (below), but I can no longer figure out how I did it before. What, and where, is my User CP??? (When I go to settings all I see is 4 settings, a drop down and 3 toggles.

Instructions: User CP >> Edit Options >> Thread Display Mode

Second issue. How do I post photos? It seems easy, but when I'm done, inst of seeing a photo in my post, I see an icon that leads to a dead link. Like this:

Attachment 67643
Garage Talk does not currently offer thread display settings inside the app itself, but you can modify the order of posts in a thread by visiting S2KI.com from a desktop computer. When you log in on a desktop computer, please go to your User CP's Edit Options page and about halfway down should be the Thread Display Mode setting. Change it to "Linear - Oldest First", hit the Save button at the bottom of the page, and you'll be all set!

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I renewed the day before my membership was due to expire (Jan 4). It did not take effect, although the charge showed up right away. Can't PM since I'm now a Registered User. Help!!
Sorry about that, I'll PM you now to help sort it out.

Originally Posted by rickya
Hi there new member from the UK. Yesterday just paid for membership, do you know how long it takes to activate?
Many thanks
It should normally be instant, but there appears to be some sort of glitch preventing some memberships from processing. I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by Bonz
This site will not let me post a thread and I'm not sure why. The site does not give me a clear reason or direction on why or how to post.
i click on post new topic and it says I do not have full permission.
What is going on with this inconvenience?
Some of our forums only allow for premium members to post. Which one were you trying to post in?
Old 01-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Resolved...thanks!!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 1,460 Likes on 1,082 Posts

I'm still logged on in Garage Talk, but when I try to logon from a PC (to access these user CP settings) it keeps telling me wrong password. I thought I knew the pwd I used when setting things up with the new forum. But maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Can I change pwd from inside GT app?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I can't seem to edit the title of an existing thread that I started. Changing the title of the first post only changes the title of that particular post in the thread instead of changing the thread title.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:30 PM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
I'm still logged on in Garage Talk, but when I try to logon from a PC (to access these user CP settings) it keeps telling me wrong password. I thought I knew the pwd I used when setting things up with the new forum. But maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Can I change pwd from inside GT app?
Unfortunately, Garage Talk doesn't yet offer the ability to update your password from within the app. What you can do, however, is visit our Password Recovery page from your desktop or mobile browser to set up a temporary one. Once you receive the temporary password via email, you can then log in on the desktop site, modify your password in your User CP, and make the thread view adjustments previously mentioned. If you need any help along the way, feel free to PM me directly.

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
I can't seem to edit the title of an existing thread that I started. Changing the title of the first post only changes the title of that particular post in the thread instead of changing the thread title.
Due to the way vBulletin is structured, only those with moderator abilities can edit the title of a thread. Please shoot me a PM with a link to the thread and the title you'd like to use, and I'll be happy to make the adjustment for you.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid for a new membership and still don't have access to any of the features. It's been over 48 hours. I've tried logging in and out countless times. Nothing. Still showing me as a registered user.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:35 AM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Originally Posted by S2K000
I paid for a new membership and still don't have access to any of the features. It's been over 48 hours. I've tried logging in and out countless times. Nothing. Still showing me as a registered user.
My apologies for the delay. I just sent you a PM to assist with your membership.

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread