Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

So, I tried to update my signature again.

The image limit of 8 seems to be working, but after saving, I get the following message:

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
In code, there are only two lines of text, but given the URL syntax, the second line is long, so it must be wrapping. Is there any way to relax the standard on number of lines?
Old 12-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by canberra
Appears we can send a new PM, and sometimes reply (more often not). Cumbersome at best... non-functional at worst. Hope it can be fixed.
Still having PM issues. "Sent" PMs are not showing up, and cannot tell if they have actually been sent.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Still having PM issues. "Sent" PMs are not showing up, and cannot tell if they have actually been sent.
Roy, got the one you sent me, if that's any consolation.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
The forum software unfortunately limits thread title editing to only those with moderator abilities. However, we're happy to make title adjustments for you. Feel free to PM anyone on the S2KI team, myself included, with what you need changed.

Thanks!
still waiting on a response/action.......
Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Folks, if you send a PM and then see that it does not appear in your Sent Items folder, that doesn't mean it didn't go through. By default, vB does not save a copy of PMs you send; you have to tell it to save them. You can do this by either checking the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" checkbox below the individual PM that you're composing or go into your Control Panel, Edit Options, and check the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" checkbox.

Originally Posted by Topplayer
still waiting on a response/action.......
PM me. I'll give it a try.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

How long should it take to update my membership? I paid this morning via paypal and nothing is working for me at this point, i shouldn't have let it lapse but i thought it was on a recurring payment cycle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

edit: messages started working again. but it still doesn't say "member" under my username. i also had to clear out my mailbox to get that to happen because i had over 500 messages

Last edited by jsenclosure; 01-03-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:08 PM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
So, I tried to update my signature again.

The image limit of 8 seems to be working, but after saving, I get the following message:

In code, there are only two lines of text, but given the URL syntax, the second line is long, so it must be wrapping. Is there any way to relax the standard on number of lines?
Please give it another shot. I made a few tweaks that should let you keep your signature.

As JulieU mentioned, this is controlled via a setting on your User CP's Edit Options page called "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default." I went ahead and enabled this for you, so going forward you should now see all sent PMs in the Sent Items folder.

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
How long should it take to update my membership? I paid this morning via paypal and nothing is working for me at this point, i shouldn't have let it lapse but i thought it was on a recurring payment cycle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

edit: messages started working again. but it still doesn't say "member" under my username. i also had to clear out my mailbox to get that to happen because i had over 500 messages
Membership should normally be instantaneous. I'll send you a Private Message to help get yours up and running.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Please give it another shot. I made a few tweaks that should let you keep your signature.

As JulieU mentioned, this is controlled via a setting on your User CP's Edit Options page called "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default." I went ahead and enabled this for you, so going forward you should now see all sent PMs in the Sent Items folder.

Membership should normally be instantaneous. I'll send you a Private Message to help get yours up and running.
so I just paid to have my membership set up so as to be able to post on the classifieds page but I still can't, I also sent u guys a PM and nobody has gotten back to me, what do I do now

I know this isn't the right place to be posting this but I'm not really sure who to turn to
Old 01-04-2017, 02:47 PM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jae2K
so I just paid to have my membership set up so as to be able to post on the classifieds page but I still can't, I also sent u guys a PM and nobody has gotten back to me, what do I do now

I know this isn't the right place to be posting this but I'm not really sure who to turn to
Sorry, Jae2K. I'll shoot you a PM right now to help you out.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 1,460 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Ok, so early on in the new Garage Talk app I followed the instructions to reverse order the way posts show in threads. It wasn't difficult.

But its drivimg me crazy looking at threads this way. Is this resolved yet? Can I switch back to new posts at the bottom?

If so, how??? I found the instructions I followed before (below), but I can no longer figure out how I did it before. What, and where, is my User CP??? (When I go to settings all I see is 4 settings, a drop down and 3 toggles.

Instructions: User CP >> Edit Options >> Thread Display Mode

Second issue. How do I post photos? It seems easy, but when I'm done, inst of seeing a photo in my post, I see an icon that leads to a dead link. Like this:

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread-20160920_120844.jpg

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread