Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,874 Likes on 2,084 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
I don't want to jump to another forum, I want to be able to go to the User CP, mostly.
The Forum Jump button offers the User CP as an option.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

I am a Gold Member, so I should be able to reply to entries in the Wanted To Buy and For Sale forums.

My signature has two animated GIFs from another member. On that member's signature block, only one of them is working, so i'm confused.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by joephotographer
I am a Gold Member, so I should be able to reply to entries in the Wanted To Buy and For Sale forums.

My signature has two animated GIFs from another member. On that member's signature block, only one of them is working, so i'm confused.

Well, before the migration I WAS a Gold Member. What happened???
Old 11-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm showing that you are a gold member so I'm not sure where you are seeing differently. Your sig actually has 4 GIFs. The first two work. If the links off the other ones are broken, then yours will be broken as well.
Are you not able to get reply in the WTB/FS sections? What error are you getting.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:41 AM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Emoticons are now case sensitive whereas on the last site it would recognize it either way.

For example :lol: vs

I got used to writing out most of the emoticons after I used them enough. Would be great to not have to remember what to capitalize and what not to
We'll see if we can remove the case sensitivity. In the meantime, if a previous emoticon code isn't working for you, you can manually add the emoticon itself by clicking the smile icon on our post editor. This will open a menu of all the emoticons we have available.

Originally Posted by zdave87
As of 1:20am 11/02/16, all the main forums and sub forums are displayed in North America East, instead of just the main forums.

North America East - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums
Fixed!

Originally Posted by shoadoflite
I am/was a premium member... earl's_f20c

Since your update it will not let me in no matter how much I reset my password!!

I have had to create this new user name in order to get on here, despite using the CONTACT US link and reporting the problem last week

Can somebody please sort out my proper username earl's_f20c so I can log in again, I've been a member since 2011 ffs !!

I used the CONTACT US form last week and didn't even receive any answer or even an acknowledgement

Email me
My apologies for the trouble you're having with your login. I just sent an email to the address associated with your earl's_f20c account to help you out.

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
How about another tool bar at the bottom of the screen just below the last post in a thread where you can go back to the "User CP, All albums, FAQ, Community, Calendar" etc. etc. like the blue bar at the top?

I just find myself having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to go anywhere after reading a thread and when there is 30 or more posts on the screen, depending on the setting chosen,
then that can be a pain.

Thanks for being open to suggestions and ideas to improve the site!
At the bottom of the page, just above footer, you should see a drop-down menu on the right side labeled "Forum Jump". By default the menu displays the current forum you're in, but if you scroll to the very top of its options, there are links to some of the most frequently used site features like your User CP, PMs, subscriptions, etc.

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Most of my vendor section threads all have a red thumbs down icon next to title. Is this something users did? Or what? Not sure how they all got a red thumbs down icon. It lets me change it but don't get how they were all changed in the first place. Obviously I didn't select that icon for the thread title.
This was by no means intentional, and it's not something that users can control. We mapped the thread icons from the old S2KI software to vBulletin, and while I don't know if this was the cause for sure, my suspicion is that the "thumbs down" icon's equivalent was something else previously. Sorry for the incorrect tone this may convey on your threads. I'll go through some of them now to help swap out the thumbs down for the more neutral icon.

Sorry about that! You are in fact a Gold Member, but your profile was not properly reflecting this. I corrected it for you, and with that change you should now have access to all the perks, including the ability to post in the classifieds and the larger PM inbox.

Regarding your signature, from here it appears you are trying to show the same image twice in your signature. The URL you were using for both was pointing to the GIF's gallery page, not the GIF itself. I went ahead and changed it for you on one of the, but wasn't sure if the second was intentional. You can adjust your signature to remove the broken image or replace it with a different GIF by going to your User CP's Edit Signature page.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok thank you. I tried to edit them myself and I changed it in the advanced field but still shows the thumbs down in the thread when viewing from the sub forum menu.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

The 'hamburger' menu on the mobile site always shows me as having 3 unread(?) messages. I don't have any?
Old 11-02-2016, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jason
We'll see if we can remove the case sensitivity. In the meantime, if a previous emoticon code isn't working for you, you can manually add the emoticon itself by clicking the smile icon on our post editor. This will open a menu of all the emoticons we have available.

Fixed!

My apologies for the trouble you're having with your login. I just sent an email to the address associated with your earl's_f20c account to help you out.

At the bottom of the page, just above footer, you should see a drop-down menu on the right side labeled "Forum Jump". By default the menu displays the current forum you're in, but if you scroll to the very top of its options, there are links to some of the most frequently used site features like your User CP, PMs, subscriptions, etc.

This was by no means intentional, and it's not something that users can control. We mapped the thread icons from the old S2KI software to vBulletin, and while I don't know if this was the cause for sure, my suspicion is that the "thumbs down" icon's equivalent was something else previously. Sorry for the incorrect tone this may convey on your threads. I'll go through some of them now to help swap out the thumbs down for the more neutral icon.

Sorry about that! You are in fact a Gold Member, but your profile was not properly reflecting this. I corrected it for you, and with that change you should now have access to all the perks, including the ability to post in the classifieds and the larger PM inbox.

Regarding your signature, from here it appears you are trying to show the same image twice in your signature. The URL you were using for both was pointing to the GIF's gallery page, not the GIF itself. I went ahead and changed it for you on one of the, but wasn't sure if the second was intentional. You can adjust your signature to remove the broken image or replace it with a different GIF by going to your User CP's Edit Signature page.

Thanks. This is the other animated GIF that is not working
(S2KI Honda S2000 Forums - Langelo DeMysterioso's Album: My Photos - Picture)

Thanks for fixing the core issue. This is the last problem my profile has with the new software.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:34 AM
IB Staff
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Ok thank you. I tried to edit them myself and I changed it in the advanced field but still shows the thumbs down in the thread when viewing from the sub forum menu.
As of right now, only S2KI staff (mods, admins, and we here at Internet Brands) have the ability to make thread-level edits that are shown in the forum listings. I just finished removing all the thumbs down icons, so you should be all set! If you're still seeing the icon on any of your threads, please PM me a link and I'll remove it.

Originally Posted by mcrossley
The 'hamburger' menu on the mobile site always shows me as having 3 unread(?) messages. I don't have any?
Thanks for spotting that bug. We're working on a fix to show the correct number of unread messages.

Thanks. This is the other animated GIF that is not working
(S2KI Honda S2000 Forums - Langelo DeMysterioso's Album: My Photos - Picture)

Thanks for fixing the core issue. This is the last problem my profile has with the new software.
Happy to help! I've added the second image to your signature. In the coming weeks, we'll be introducing a newer version of our gallery that'll make it much easier to embed photos and/or grab specific image URLs.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

On the mobile site I frequently get a "Related thread" below the thread I'm viewing. 99% of the time the related thread has nothing to do the main thread! This thread has a "UK For Sale" thread showing below it And it makes it really annoying trying to scroll to the end of the thread you are viewing - you run on into an irrelevant thread.

Can I disable these "related threads" from showing at all - I can't see anything in the control panel?

At least on the Full site the related threads just show as links - why display them open on the mobile site?

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread