Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

My posts show edited

Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is correct Lainey. You cannot lock or unlock your own threads anymore (lock and unlock are one privilege). It negated a moderator's ability to keep a topic locked. The starter, if a member, could (and in one case did - repeatedly) unlock it.

Members can remove the Edited By legend. There was a little confusion there. It is resolved.

Members may delete their own topics. We have the ability to undelete them if necessary to avoid losing important content.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
That is correct Lainey. You cannot lock or unlock your own threads anymore (lock and unlock are one privilege). It negated a moderator's ability to keep a topic locked. The starter, if a member, could (and in one case did - repeatedly) unlock it.

Members can remove the Edited By legend. There was a little confusion there. It is resolved.

Members may delete their own topics. We have the ability to undelete them if necessary to avoid losing important content.
Thanks for the update. I know some threads are locked by the OP when the thread has many pages, or in some cases (like the photography forum), the OP locks a thread when a new thread for the next month begins.

I hear where you are coming from. Some folks just want to get the last word.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ideally I'd like to offer lock and unlock separately or even better have two different kinds of locks, one the OP can set/remove and a more powerful one that a moderator can use but that isn't how it works so it's a lesser evil situation. For us it's more important that a moderator be able to control the state of the topics so that is what we've got.