Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Moving threads

Old 03-28-2001, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received a PM froma member who felt the movement of threads was inconsistant and spotty. To answer that concern I wrote the following. I repost it here in case it is of some value to others that feel the same way.

The only remedy is to send the mod a PM or email or post in the Site Info forum why you think the thread was misunderstood. I suggest asking the mods to re-read the thread carefully and reevaluate their decision. If you still feel they don't get it, ask me to read it and make a determination. I will and have overriden mod decisions. I monitor the Site Info forum and will see what's going on and will likely read the thread anyway. Include a link to make it easy to find.

I can say for certain that what you see is a difference in comprehension of what the thread is about and not a purposeful act. The mods are always asking me to help make a determination as to the correct forum for stuff. They do their best to do the right thing.

The forums are organized into catagories. I agree that the Heel/Toe thread would probably be better in the racing forum but the rule, and what the mods follow, is that general interest threads are never moved to a special interest forum. Racing is a special interest forum and posting there is entirely optional. Threads can be moved out of special interest forums but only to a general interest forum. So if you make a post in Wash and Wax about your cat, the mods can move it to OT but a thread in OT about detailing cannot be moved to Wash and Wax, it has to be voluntary, but can be moved to Car Talk. I hope this makes some sense.

Threads can only be moved to a General Interest forum and between General Interest forums. If you post in Electronics you hopefully did so for a reason. The purpose of that forum is well defined. The General interest forums less so.