Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Mobile site inconsistantly jumps to first unread post

Old 03-06-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mobile site inconsistantly jumps to first unread post

I've had this issue for quite a while now, but have just been putting up with it. I guess it's time to ask about it though...

I regularly browse the site on my phone (Android with Chrome browser). I don't use the IB app, and I don't care to. I always start at "My Content" but for the life of me I can't find a rhyme or reason on how the site decides if it'll take me to post #1 or the first unread post when I click the link. IIRC sometimes I end up on the first post of the last page. I try clicking the thread title, I try clicking the carat on the right edge of the screen, I try screaming at it to obey me. None gives consistent results.

I haven't been able to find any pattern, such as it only happening on very long threads, or on threads I previously viewed on a PC, etc.

The only other thing I can think to mention is I have my posts per page set to 50 instead of default. Been that way for years.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

It's only started a few weeks ago for me, and its intermittent - I think it has to do with the certain ads stealing the focus of the page (Android with Chrome browser).
Old 03-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,875 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Are you using the mobile version of the site or the full version when on your phone?

I know the thread title says mobile, just want to confirm.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Are you using the mobile version of the site or the full version when on your phone?

I know the thread title says mobile, just want to confirm.
Mobile version. Unlike afzan I feel like this has been happening for a long time, but admittedly I haven't been very active for a few years, except recently (last 5 months or so).
Old 03-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Any update?
Old 03-26-2015, 06:55 PM

I finally found a pattern to this. If I click the thread title from a sub forum, it jumps to the right spot.

If I click the title on my "my content" page, it goes to post #1.

Any hope for a fix? I do most of my mobile use from "my content."
Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Can you post a screen shot of what your 'my content' looks like on chrome? Or pm it to me, either way.

I know there are issues with the mobile version currently, and my content doesn't always work as it should. I do have a request in to IB to look into it.

On the full version in my content it only has the little arrow next to threads where there is new content, otherwise it will take me to the first post, not the last post.

I never use the mobile version (always scroll down and click 'full version' on my phone) as I need to see certain info at times as a Mod/Admin.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:31 PM

Here you go
Attached Thumbnails Mobile site inconsistantly jumps to first unread post-screenshot_2015-03-28-17-16-51.png  
Old 03-29-2015, 05:16 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Are you clicking the brown arrow or the thread title? Clicking the brown arrow should take you to the last post.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:18 AM

I try both constantly, they both seem to work the same.

Quick Reply: Mobile site inconsistantly jumps to first unread post